Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ordered my lowering kit on friday. today i check my email and they tell me that they have to make some more and it will be 3-5 days. i guess this is a very popular mod. just a heads up.:eek:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
LOL. I feel your pain, but be prepared for a longer wait than just 3-5 days. Scootworks is notorious for employees with "intestinal disorder". Expect a few weeks.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Yeah that's a very common problem with scootworks items.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
When I ordered mine it took a while. After a couple weeks I called them up, ready to let them know what I thought about it. The lady I talked to was so nice & sweet with her little southern accent, when she told me about some problem they were having with some bearings (blah, blah, blah) I just said "ok, thanks" and continued to wait. It didn't take too awful long, but I hope you're not in a huge hurry.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lowering kit

well i would of liked to install it this weekend because its starting to get cold but i guesss i can wait anouther week or two.:(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ha Ha they still using the bearing BS? That place is a joke everytime I order from them its one thing or another take money first fill you full of crap 2 weeks later wondering where your stuff is. I ordered my lowering kit from britt and it came in 4 days.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ha Ha they still using the bearing BS? That place is a joke everytime I order from them its one thing or another take money first fill you full of crap 2 weeks later wondering where your stuff is. I ordered my lowering kit from britt and it came in 4 days.
how you like the britt lowering kit?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is there any bottoming out problems when riding 2up?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I had problems bottoming out at 2". Mostly riding 2 up, but sometimes solo. I had the shock set at the 2nd stiffest setting (could NOT get that sucker to turn any farther!). Went to 1" lowered and have had no problems since.

We weigh 310 lbs. combined.

·
Registered
450 Posts
ya i just finally set my bikes shock I set it to one. I took off the sissy bar and bags wanted to check out the look and I only weigh 127lbs and my wifes like 105.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ordered my lowering kit on friday. today i check my email and they tell me that they have to make some more and it will be 3-5 days. i guess this is a very popular mod. just a heads up.:eek:
Sorry, don't want to rain on your parade but a heads up to you. I've ordered a lowering kit for the VN900 back near the end of May, 2010. Guess what? It's September 23, 2010 and still waiting. I've pretty much heard every single excuse possible. I've now asked for a refund and my emails go unanswered. Top that!

Update:
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9783

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that sux! ass

Sorry, don't want to rain on your parade but a heads up to you. I've ordered a lowering kit for the VN900 back near the end of May, 2010. Guess what? It's September 23, 2010 and still waiting. I've pretty much heard every single excuse possible. I've now asked for a refund and my emails go unanswered. Top that!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tire rubbing

is there any way to lower the bike 2 inches and still be able to ride two up? my wife doesnt ride much but she does like to ride when she does and i dont want to have to take the bike apart and back together again just so she can ride for an hour. what to do what to do?

·
Registered
123 Posts
is there any way to lower the bike 2 inches and still be able to ride two up? my wife doesnt ride much but she does like to ride when she does and i dont want to have to take the bike apart and back together again just so she can ride for an hour. what to do what to do?
What he said

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
My recommendation: Set the shock as stiff as it'll get, lower the rear end 2" and give it a try. If it doesn't work, raise it back up 1". It's a little difference in feel, but it's still nice. And certainly better than dodging every little manhole cover and slowing down for every dip in the road.

It's gonna depend on your combined weight, too.

Also, I think a lot of times my "bottoming out" was the tire hitting the splash guard. This can be altered. I just figured it's there for a reason and didn't want water getting where it shouldn't be.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kit

ok so after calling scootworks multiple times on multiple days i finaly got to talk to someone that said they are going to be shipping them out tomorrow and that i should be receiving mine on monday. lets hope!:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lowering kit.

just called them today they said they had a compresser go out and it took out some of their equipment so they are waiting to have that repaired. the lady i talked to seemed stressed out and she said to call back on friday to see if they are going to be able to send them out. so ill know more then. this sucks!:eek:

·
Registered
742 Posts
scootworks SUX!?!?

i hear nothing but problems from people ordering from them... i ordered the Britt Kit from MeanCycles and it is scheduled to be delivered the 7th!!! :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts