Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I've been reading in this forum about possible issues with the SW front pulley. I have one. It was ordered late November and I recieved it late January. But now I'm having second thoughts. If by some slight chance I have a problem with this, I'm sure it will void my 2 yr warrentee.
My bike's an 09 900LT that was purchaced in Sept. So I want to sell it to someone braver than I.
I paid $189.00 from SW and I'd like to get $110.00 including shipping in the USA.
I'll be doing a trip to San Diego from Albuquerque in May and thought it was a good idea. I'll live with the gas milage and the higher RPM that's stock on this bike. Who knows, the bike may be happier left stock.
If you're interested in the pulley (new and in the box) e-mail me at
[email protected]
Thanks guys. This is a great site.

·
Registered
941 Posts
they wont take it back?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SC pulley

I'm not even trying. They STILL have not credited my charge card for the $300.00 on the rear pulley. Originally, I ordered both. A couple of weeks later, I canceled the rear. I've been e-mailin' 'em, but my account doesn't show the credit. So I'm not going to try to send it back.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i can't speak for the rear pulley but i LOVE my front pulley......the bike should have had this pulley on it from the factory.......i'd be willing to bet that if you installed it you wouldn't regret it....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That may be so but something tells me not to. Maybe it's the run-a-round I got as to when I would recieve it. I don't know. Just bad vibes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi guys. I've been reading in this forum about possible issues with the SW front pulley. I have one. It was ordered late November and I recieved it late January. But now I'm having second thoughts. If by some slight chance I have a problem with this, I'm sure it will void my 2 yr warrentee.
My bike's an 09 900LT that was purchaced in Sept. So I want to sell it to someone braver than I.
I paid $189.00 from SW and I'd like to get $110.00 including shipping in the USA.
I'll be doing a trip to San Diego from Albuquerque in May and thought it was a good idea. I'll live with the gas milage and the higher RPM that's stock on this bike. Who knows, the bike may be happier left stock.
If you're interested in the pulley (new and in the box) e-mail me at
[email protected]
Thanks guys. This is a great site.
Email sent

·
Registered
172 Posts
If I buy it from you and it has a meltdown will you take it back and return my money?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Scootworks overdrive pulley, YES!

My first take on the Scootworks over drive pulley for the VN900.

I installed the pulley this afternoon, took about 1.5 hours taking my time.

My first drive taking off from my house in first gear I could tell no
difference at all. I almost wanted to go back and make sure I didn't
put the stock pulley back on by mistake. lol

I have to drive about 5 miles in a 25 mph zone to get out to the freeway
from my house. I have no tach but I do have a GPS mounted.

According to the GPS it was reading 25mph and the bike speedo 27.
Normally its about 3 mph off, now only 2mph, no big deal I though and
I still could not tell any difference in the gears.

I hit the on ramp to the freeway and a semi is coming so I floor it
and get up to 70 mph on the bike speedo, The GPS reads 68 mph.

I think that is cool, only 2 mph off when before it was 7 mph off at 70.

But it sounds and feels the same, engine rpm still sounds like its
working hard.

I make sure I am in 5th gear and would you believe it, I'm still in 4th.

I kick it up to 5th and how sweet it is, I'm cruising at 70 mph and the
engine sounds like its taking a break.

The Scootworks pulley definitely get two thumbs up from me. :)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Sweet, thanks for the review.

I have mine on order (along with a belt drive kit for my wife's 750 Spirit) but have been told they're running about two weeks behind schedule, so i have to wait.

I'm really anxious because not only am i putting the pulley on, but i'm also going to the dark side at the same time. Can't wait to try them both out.

How was the tire clearance at the splash guard with the new pulley?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sweet, thanks for the review.

I have mine on order (along with a belt drive kit for my wife's 750 Spirit) but have been told they're running about two weeks behind schedule, so i have to wait.

I'm really anxious because not only am i putting the pulley on, but I'm also going to the dark side at the same time. Can't wait to try them both out.

How was the tire clearance at the splash guard with the new pulley?
Took about four weeks to get mine, they said they ran out of stock and had to tool up to make more, you should be getting it soon.

I think I had to move the rear wheel in about 5/16 inch, still had plenty of clearance with the guard, my tires are still stock size however.

You will love the new gearing.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Ordered a SW front pulley on the 8th of March, got an email the next day stating out of stock and would ship in 7 to 10 days (RIGHT), sent an email requesting update yesterday and received reply today, stating " I am not in the office this week but we did ship a few orders last week, I will be back to work on monday and will check on it then". The message was from "DEBBIE" who is the President of the company.

In all fairness I can say I have ordered multiple custom parts for several bikes now and I have found the following to be true. The parts are custom fit for a specific bike, generally made from billet aluminum which takes time, and are made for each order, in batches, any thing else would not be finacially practial, stocking such a low order custom part would not be a good business decision as you never know when the next order will come in, if ever.

Long - short, be patient and happy that some one is willing to do the research and design and, have the equipement to make it, to help you achive your goal, if you are really in a big hurry try "DOING IT YOURSELF" with that said I will be happy to get it this summer.

I have been browsing the fourms for over a year and have yet to come across even a single post that was unhappy with the pully, other than one that was not machined correctly, and it was rapidly replaced with a perfect one ("stuff" FF happens).

Went DARKSIDE on the 14th of this month, so about 200 miles so far, and love it.

As for the pully moving the tire closer, i have only seen modification necessary when added to a much larger tire but that will have to be seen when pulley is mounted with the CT in place, pulley only moves the tire about 1/4 of an inch forward, if anything the inner mud guard might have to be cut down a little, but it is plastic so "NO WORRIES MATE".

I would once again like to thank the "ALL KNOWING DARKSIDE LORD" for his forberance in doing the research and expermentation necessary to lead me to the path of the true light.

"THANK YOU MRCLEAN" people like you make the world a better place

"I am a modern cowboy, on a steel horse I ride" taken from "WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE" BON JOVI

Forgive the spelling, and grammer errors.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Front pulley is a must IMHO. Works great and easy to install. Don't expect to run a 200 tire after installing though.
My 900 is 200 miles from new, and reading the forums, it seems EVERYONE loves this thing. I am contemplating it right now, but I am wondering if I should stay stock just because of all the mountain riding I am still planning to do since I live here in Colorado.

I am just wondering if you guys think it would still be a good idea here in Co.?

Thanks!
Tony

·
Registered
657 Posts
I've had mine in the Sierra's out of Sactown and it won't be a problem riding the Rockies (spent 4 yrs stationed at the AF Academy Horsepistol in the Springs). The 900 has plenty of juice and you'll appreciate the incredable accuracy of your speedometer after it's on. Mine's only 1 mph high at 70 mph according to 3 GPS's. I've also found general street riding much better. The biggest plus is cruising at 65-70 mph and not feeling the need to look for that 6th gear. You'll be running about 500 rpm's slower at 70 which will save a lot of wear and tear on your motor... but then, what the hay do I know, I'm just a medic...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree with rollingbones, you can adjust your shifting to make up for the different gearing when riding at a slower speed.

But when you hit the open road over 60mph the Scootworks pulley really shines. I love the fact I have to downshift at 70mph when I go to pass another vehicle. :D

The more miles I rack up the more I love the new pulley, it makes the bike feel complete in that you are not looking for that 6th gear and the speedo is nearly right on. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well, I am 99% positive that is what I want to do. I just have to get the $$ together and I will call to make sure they have it in stock before I order. Hellraisers custom says they have them now......I just hope they still have them in a week or so when I can scrape together the cash!

Thanks guys!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts