Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed a scootworks front overdrive pulley on my 2008 VN900 custom . When I first installed it I reused the same locking washer and torque the nut down to 110 lbs. I checked it after about 200 miles and to my surprise the nut was coming undone . I went out and bought a new washer reinstalled the nut to 130lbs with blue locktite and bent 2 tabs on the washer. Again checked it after 200 miles and the nut turned on the washer. Anyone else have the same problem. Thank you in advance.:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I've taken off my pulley a couple of times and never had that issue. Are you sure the locking washer has enough teeth inserted into the shaft to keep it from turning? It would seem to be almost impossible for it to turn on the shaft with the teeth on the washer correctly inserted on the shaft.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. I am sure there is enough teeth holding the washer. I know it seems impossible but it"s doing it. I'm starting to think that the pulley might have a small play on the shaft and it's wiggling back and forth a little.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Why Kawasaki can't make an OEM sprocket upgrade kit, makes no sense. It would be a very popular item. I would not hesitate to make the upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts