Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked the service tech at my dealer if he had ever installed a scoots pulley.
And he was telling me that using the scoots takes all the play out of the belt.
And when you have to change the rear tire. There's not enough play in the belt and you have to tear the whole swingarm apart or remove the scoots pulley and it makes a tire change very expensive.
Is there any truth to this.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Absolutely NOT!!!! I installed the SC pulley myself this summer, and a month later had a new tire installed. Went with a Metzler 180/70/15. My tire guy didn't have any problem removing or replacing the tire and wheel.

·
Registered
84 Posts
the guy doesn't know what he is talking about. I have the Scootworks pulley (installed it myself last summer) and i just had my dealer install my 195/65 General Altimax Darkside tire and he had no issues at all.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I asked the service tech at my dealer if he had ever installed a scoots pulley.
And he was telling me that using the scoots takes all the play out of the belt.
And when you have to change the rear tire. There's not enough play in the belt and you have to tear the whole swingarm apart or remove the scoots pulley and it makes a tire change very expensive.
Is there any truth to this.
Sounds like B.S. to me. I have the Scootworks pulley. I can get the belt quite loose without a problem.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Another pulley user here and tire changer... no problem.

LOL. I'd say the concensus is a resounding "No, there is no truth to that", and the service tech at the dealer you frequent is wrong.

·
Registered
273 Posts
pulley

Sounds like your "stealership" dealer doesn't believe in aftermarket parts. Sounds like he is a harley dealer too? They can't put anything on their bikes that doesn't say "harley" on it.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I wonder how dealers actually stay in business. I swear, I'm really thinking of just ordering my next bike online. Last time I had my bike in for schedualed service, I called ahead, dropped the bike off Tuesday night for Wednesday service to pick up Wednesday night, and I did, 3 weeks later! I called them constantly and on the Wednesday they finally got it put back together they called me and said my battery was dead and wouldn't charge, I told them we would jump it started and I'd buy a new battery myself. Suddenly my battery would charge BUT that is the origins of my rear end wobble that I STILL haven't nailed all the way down. Oh, I've got it pushed way back over 80-85 mph so I rarely have a problem with it BUT 80-85 mph is definately a place where you DON'T want to run into a strange wobble.

The other local dealer to me is where I didn't buy my bike because they tried to sell me a payment plan NOT a bike. I don't trust them either.

Oh, and that last service where my battery was dead and wouldn't charge? That was 2 years ago. I still have the same battery with no charging problems. JERKS!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts