Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
organic, semi-sintered or sintered? what type is OEM? after a search EBC seems to be the choice, which one or other alternatives including factory?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Maybe a good time to also replace brakE lines. I think Kawi suggests brake line replacement every 4 years. I am thinking of going to steel braided lines when I change mine.

Do steel braided lines also need to be replaced every 4 years or are they good for a lot longer?

WB

·
Registered
87 Posts
Every 4 years on brake lines...WTF? Can someone put some fact to this comment. I'll use it on myself to justify Barrons Stainless kit!!!!, but honestly for real..4 years?

·
Registered
308 Posts
They had 2+1 brands last year when I replaced the pads and I went with the OEM. As I recall the other two seemed thinner... first pair was replaced @16k miles, were not completely worn out. The new ones were squeaky for a while.

The brake lines have no leaks or surface cracks after 7 years. it does not sit outside in the sun. I have seen much older bikes using the original lines with no leaks, but that does not mean the lines are in perfect shape. I am guessing it also has to do with the line's elasticity, too much flex impedes braking...

·
Registered
633 Posts
I go with whatever is cheapest on Ebay or amazon and have always been fine, think Sinter is mostly what I use. Saw someone mention squeaks. Squeaks come from not greasing the back of the pad before you install. Grease that back good, I just use Vaseline, works like a charm, never a peep!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts