Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
'14 Vulcan 900 CLT '07 Vulcan 1600 Nomad
50 Posts
Good find. But new hunt leaves me out. The highest point in Houston is a freeway overpass. :ROFLMAO:
This gives you an opportunity to travel haha!

When I lived in DFW, TX for a year, I really missed the mountains I have in AZ.

According to my GPS at that location I was at -11 feet. That was most definitely NOT at 'elevation' that MLAZMAN wants. :)
That's funny! I was hoping to see some valleys or something like this

Perhaps a tall Overpass or bridge would help haha

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
MLASMAN, I have a few places nearby to satisfy your 'elevation' requirements. One is about 45 minutes away, the others are about 2 hours away each but in different directions. I would love to do this one again as it overlooks Palo Duro Canyon. Here are pics from previous trips:

Since it'll be at least the weekend before I can go to either of these places could somebody can step-up and save me a road trip during the week. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Since it'll be at least the weekend before I can go to either of these places could somebody can step-up and save me a road trip during the week. :)
Very nice pictures!

I typically have to ride 45 minute's to an hour to get my pictures due living in a smaller more rural city. On the plus side it's raises my miles for the monthly mileage challenge

·
Registered
66 Posts
Works for me. Great picture. What's the next target?

FYI, I made your picture full size, my old eyes need all the help they can get.

View attachment 247787
Thanks Lesblank, I'm not the best at posting pics. Lol
How about a bridge shot, for the next hunt. I know it's not a very good shot. I tried posting this when I took it but no internet in the valley.

This area (Kennerdell, PA) took me back. Its been a little over 20 years since I had been there. There is an old railroad tunnel you could drive through when I was in highschool, it's now a bike trail.
IMG_20210322_190553791.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
No one must live by any bridges haha, if I go and grab a picture, it will likely be a bridge over a dried riverbed. Although I could take a picture over by Tempe Beach Park, near where my unique building picture was taken.

·
Registered
191 Posts
No one must live by any bridges haha, if I go and grab a picture, it will likely be a bridge over a dried riverbed. Although I could take a picture over by Tempe Beach Park, near where my unique building picture was taken.
I'm all over that tomorrow fyi. "bridges are TIGHT!" if you get that, we're already friends lol.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts