Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
241 - 260 of 287 Posts

· Registered
2008 Vulcan 900 Classic
347 Posts
This one does NOT count either. The threat of rain passed and wanted to change rear shock preload. I look up and there's a doe. They like supervising me, someone needs to. ;)

View attachment 257417
Lol! I thought about going for a live deer or turkey, but I thought I would be making it too difficult. These quicker turnarounds are much more exciting than a dead game for weeks or months on end.

· Registered
339 Posts
Here are two. Take your pick.

Next, let’s make it an easy one. Your bike next to a Historical Marker. Preferably one that means something special to you.
Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Wheel Plant
Plant Nature Tree Road surface Land lot

Took this in Marietta Ohio after riding 555 (The Triple Nickel) for the first time.
This is special to me because two years ago when I was doing my Saddle Sore 1000 around Ohio, I rode near the Serpent Mound. I had no idea what it was but after I got back I looked into it. I took my family to see what the Serpent Mound was and it amazed us. A 1300' long Serpent about 3' high with parts of it aligned to the Solstices and Equinoxes. It's debated how old it is, some artifacts found in near by burial mounds date to 400bc and parts of the Serpent are dated 1000ad.
This got me started researching the Ancient cultures that I had never heard of or learned about in school. There were lots of burial and effigy mounds in the US from Texas all the way to Ohio and WV. Most of the mounds have been lost to I guess some would say progress. We have lost some of the most ancient site's in North America and most people don't know anything about it. Cahokia near St. Louis was the largest group of mounds and largest group of people.

So enough of the history lesson and next how about Something Native American. Bonus points if you can find a mound.

· Registered
102 Posts
Took this in Marietta Ohio after riding 555 (The Triple Nickel) for the first time.
This is special to me because two years ago when I was doing my Saddle Sore 1000 around Ohio, I rode near the Serpent Mound. I had no idea what it was but after I got back I looked into it. I took my family to see what the Serpent Mound was and it amazed us. A 1300' long Serpent about 3' high with parts of it aligned to the Solstices and Equinoxes. It's debated how old it is, some artifacts found in near by burial mounds date to 400bc and parts of the Serpent are dated 1000ad.
This got me started researching the Ancient cultures that I had never heard of or learned about in school. There were lots of burial and effigy mounds in the US from Texas all the way to Ohio and WV. Most of the mounds have been lost to I guess some would say progress. We have lost some of the most ancient site's in North America and most people don't know anything about it. Cahokia near St. Louis was the largest group of mounds and largest group of people.

So enough of the history lesson and next how about Something Native American. Bonus points if you can find a mound.
About a year after we moved to the Cincinnati area we checked out serpent mound after I heard about it from an archeologist that was on the JRE podcast. Was definitely interesting, and also just the landscape in that area was interesting.

Reactions: Scooter13
241 - 260 of 287 Posts