Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
Houston, Texas
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an idea I have seen on another forum, and it seemed like a lot of fun if enough people participate. This forum has more than enough activity that it should take off. The basic idea is this; while riding find certain objects or signs or whatever to take a pic of your bike in front of. Your bike has to be in the pic as well as whatever the specified object is. The first person to post the specified pic wins that round and gets to choose the next object. The object chosen can be as hard or easy to find as you like, as long as you can put a bike in front of it. Let's go with your hometown sign as the first object to find, just to get started. Don't forget to choose another object if you win!

·
Houston, Texas
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the cool thing, gives you something to look for when you are out riding. Nice weather will be here soon.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I used to have fun playing this on another forum. Its cool seeing the different pics. Wish I would have seen this earlier to get it started.

·
Houston, Texas
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, who's going to get a picture of their bike next to their town sign first? I know only a hand full are riding right now, but someone should be able to get it.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
658 Posts
The only town signs around me would require a lot of bravery to get a picture in front of, parking in a high traffic spot!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Now I am trying to think of that intersection haha they made a much bigger sign right next to a recently built royal farms that would make for a much better picture than that old beat up little one! The new one is a small stone wall

·
Houston, Texas
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What turns out to be a bummer on nice days, you'll go out to get the picture, go to post it and someone else has already got it. It get interesting when half a dozen targets are gotten in one day. I would always post asap you get the picture. Some will try to stretch the intent at times. Who ever posted the target gets the final say. There was a target, your bike next to a natural rock formation and this was posted:

Another thing, expecially at the beginning, keep the target pretty easy, but interesting. We also set a time limit of 21 days. After 21 days another target would be picked to keep things going. @NorthernRider, you going to join in when weather breaks?

·
Houston, Texas
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now I am trying to think of that intersection haha they made a much bigger sign right next to a recently built royal farms that would make for a much better picture than that old beat up little one! The new one is a small stone wall
Amazing what you can find on google. Once the target was your bike next to a Buddhist style building, I had to Google it and there was one within 5 miles that I never knew about. I'm giving all me secrets away.

1614306335855.png

·
Registered
658 Posts
If there wasn't still so much snow melting away I would have snuck out for a ride by now, unfortunately it's still really messy around here but now you have inspired me to get a picture in front of a sign regardless if it's for winning or not! Seeing either bike in front of the sign would certainly be an awesome welcome!

·
Houston, Texas
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That works!! Now name the next target. Is that rain gear strapped on? I road today and got sprinkled on both ways.

·
Registered
191 Posts
That works!! Now name the next target. Is that rain gear strapped on? I road today and got sprinkled on both ways.
That's my survival kit in a dry sack in case I get caught out somewhere, just lives there on the back.

Alot, (not all ) of us just ride solo and don't actually get together so to help foster community, the next target is a picture of your bike with another bike. (Other motorcycles in household, yours or not do not qualify)

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 88 Posts