Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really liked it. Even though it's "only" 1300, I do like how it looks, the seating position, the height of the saddle (I'm 5'6" and could totally flat-foot easily), it didn't feel heavy like my vn1500 at a stop, etc. I didn't take it for a spin, but I may have to keep it in mind for an upgrade/addition to my Vulcan 1500 after a while. Looks like they go for about $8k for ~3 years old and under 20k on the clock.

Has anyone else ridden a Honda Interstate, Stateline, or Sabre for any significant period of time? I believe they're the same bike with different options. If so, what did you think of it?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are great bikes. If you had taken it for a ride you probably would have bought it...
If they ride as nice as they sit, you may be right. I was tempted even without taking it for a spin just because it fit me so well. The only thing I would really want to change soon is add a 1.5" or so spacer on the bars to pull them back a little bit. Other than that, it felt like it was built just for me.

For a (relatively) smaller fella at 5'6" and 160 lbs, it felt so much easier to balance and handle at a stop light than my Vulcan 1500. I believe it would have similar power too as it's FI and mine has dual carbs. Better mileage for sure. Unfortunately, I still haven't finished rebuilding my 1500. :D

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
A friend has one, went from the 900 custom to it.. LOVES it.. loves the power! smoothess

·
Registered
155 Posts
I took one for a ride. I'm shorter too (5'10") and found it difficult to operate the handlebar at full-turn ie> the right grip was too far away when turning left. A little more difficult to turn due to what seems like more rake in the front wheel. All that said, the ride was good and the power wasn't bad for "only" a 1300.

The part that turned me off the most was the servicing. Need to check the valves, steering bearings, and some other stuff every 8,000 miles. Wasn't too pleased at paying for a top-end tear-down every season.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Really liked the look of them at the shop. But anything called an "Interstate" should have a 6-speed gearbox and cruise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts