Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just put on a set of the Samson Legend series Cannons on and now she sounds downright mean! In a VERY good way! I wanted a set of the Cobra longs but didnt have that much in my budget (saving up for the Beetle bags). These werent as long but for half the price I figured I would give them a shot. Definately puts a great sound to 2000cc's.

Just thought I would share with other V2K owners who might be looking for some decent sounding pipes without emptying the wallet.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
+1. Also where did you find a set of those???

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oops...just noticed that they are Samson...not 'Sampson'

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
are these chrome pipes or do the have chrome shields on them like Vance and Hines and some other brands do?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chromed shields...but from what I remember the pipes are chromed also. I'll have to check when I get home after work.

Maybe I can also record a video so you can hear the sound.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
That would be a good idea. Also are you running any kind of FI Tuner with them? I know each situation is different, but I am just wondering.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope...just replaced the stocks. A new intake and FI tuner are on my "I really want" list.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
wish you were closer to the other end of NC. I might would come see for my self what they sound like. oh well.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I know this is a really old thread, but how are those pipes when you are riding? Any regrets? My main concern is on the highway cruising.

·
Registered
560 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
OH YA! music to my ears!!!:D Sounds just like my cobra shorts...I leave my bags on now, to deflect a lot of the noise they put off, makes a huge difference with the bags on, I got annoyed quickly with my bags off.
That's my concern. I had Cobra Longs on my 900 and they got annoying at anything above 55 mph. A guy I ride with complained about the volume all the time, though it wasn't the volume that bothered me. It was the drone.

·
Registered
560 Posts
That's my concern. I had Cobra Longs on my 900 and they got annoying at anything above 55 mph. A guy I ride with complained about the volume all the time, though it wasn't the volume that bothered me. It was the drone.
The older I get the more deaf I get, only one ear works anymore. I've been thinking of going with a 2 into 1 exhaust. Friends I ride with say mine isn't the most pleasurable bike to ride beside/behind for the same reason. The interstate is where I put in the ear bugs.

I liked the noise/rumble the first summer, for obvious reasons (sold my Goldwing got the V2K).... Just wanting to mellow the noise now, from obnoxious, to tolerable, for me, those who ride with me and my neighbors...:D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I still love the sound. Probably will replace them with some Cobra longs since I have hard bags on her now.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I still love the sound. Probably will replace them with some Cobra longs since I have hard bags on her now.
Let me know when you are looking to sell...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts