Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on this forum or on any other forum been taken advantage of when it comes to sales on items/parts?

Example: someone sends you a PM about parts they have for sale that you've been looking for. Then sends you the payment info and you complete the transaction and then they don't reply back...

This is the first time I'm doing this so I'm a little nervous about the deal but I won't mention the user's name until I'm sure I've been "dooped"

I'd like any advice or help on this matter. I will wait it out for a day or two before taking action.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
99% of the time sales on here go smooth.......but there is that 1% that dont... give him a day or 2 then file a paypal dispute if thats how you payed......bet you will get a quick reply and if you do open a dispute DO NOT CLOSE IT until you have tie item(s) or a refund.... no matter how he claims he will make it right because once closed it can not be re-opened !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
99% of the time sales on here go smooth.......but there is that 1% that dont... give him a day or 2 then file a paypal dispute if thats how you payed......bet you will get a quick reply and if you do open a dispute DO NOT CLOSE IT until you have tie item(s) or a refund.... no matter how he claims he will make it right because once closed it can not be re-opened !!!!!!!!
Thanx worm... It wasn't a big payment but I just don't wanna be looked at as a "push-over" you know?

Anyway... I'll Wait until tomorrow night to start the process.

Thanx anyway.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nevermind... All is good.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
good to hear....like i said 99% of the time it works out.....

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
If you are concerned, use Paypal. If there is a problem, they can hold the funds prior to transferring them to the seller until the issue is resolved. I have had to do this but not for purchases from anyone from this forum. You can also ask the seller to hold the funds until you receive and examine the part.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are concerned, use Paypal. If there is a problem, they can hold the funds prior to transferring them to the seller until the issue is resolved. I have had to do this but not for purchases from anyone from this forum. You can also ask the seller to hold the funds until you receive and examine the part.
Thanx. Everything went smoothly. Prompt shipping. It was just a 1st time jitters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts