Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at the Saddlemen Profiler (Tattoo Flame) for my 08 custom. Looks great and I am looking for a low profile seat but does anyone have comments for both the comfort for rider and an occasional passenger? I don't want to hear about how great the Mustang line is, I simply don't like how it looks on the custom. I am 6' and am really looking to sit lower not higher and more foward which the Mustang does.
http://www.metricthunder.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=K07-12-0512&Category_Code=Sad11

·
Registered
742 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you need a passenger seat???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110557690738&crlp=1_263602_263622&ff4=263602_263622&viewitem=&guid=d5e3093c1290a0e203d15111ffff4670&rvr_id=&ua=M*F?&itemid=110557690738

that is the best price i have found for this one and it gets good reviews from riders on here... also, looking to sit lower get the lowering kit! :)
Thanks for the reply, yes I do need a passenger seat, the gf enjoys an occasional trip too. As far as lower, i'm happy with the height of the bike overall, I am not looking for a seat that sits me higher on the bike though.

·
Registered
273 Posts
saddlemen touring seat

I am also looking for a replacement seat, however I need a two up. Comparing the mustang to the saddlemen, had a couple riders tell me for a taller rider the saddlemen is better cause it doesn't push you up and to the front like the mustang does? It's so hard to choose as no one has these in stock and no one has one anywhere close to where I live. Comments please from 6'0" and above riders.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had one and didn't like it. had no support for your hamstring area. felt really skinny. i didn't want a touring seat because i have a custom and thought it would ruin it. got a mustang daytripper and love it! best of both worlds, comfort and looks great. highly recommend it.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I am looking at the Saddlemen Profiler (Tattoo Flame) for my 08 custom. Looks great and I am looking for a low profile seat but does anyone have comments for both the comfort for rider and an occasional passenger? I don't want to hear about how great the Mustang line is, I simply don't like how it looks on the custom. I am 6' and am really looking to sit lower not higher and more foward which the Mustang does.
http://www.metricthunder.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=K07-12-0512&Category_Code=Sad11
Have you consider the Corbin Young Guns saddle? In my opinion it looks better than the rest on a vn900 custom and even the classics if you like the low style seat style. It also puts you back and lower so it will probably fit you better than most. Very comfortable for the driver on short or long trips but for a passanger due to its design just like the day tripper and this profiler it will only be comfy just for a couple of hours. 2up for long trips then I will highly recomend a touring style.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had one and didn't like it. had no support for your hamstring area. felt really skinny. i didn't want a touring seat because i have a custom and thought it would ruin it. got a mustang daytripper and love it! best of both worlds, comfort and looks great. highly recommend it.
by they way, i sit further away from the handlebars with my daytripper. it is about the same height as my profiler was.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have pics of a saddleman profiler seat on thier kawasaki 900 custom? (not the tattoo)

·
Registered
696 Posts
FWIW, I have this Saddlemen seat on my Classic LT and just love it. It's a gel seat, very comfortable for me, for hours at a time. The passenger seat is said to be just as comfy, but I've not had any passengers, so can't say if that's true or not.

EDIT: Forgot to put in size, I'm about 5'10" or 11", not sure. IIRC, this seat is lower than the stock seat, which it replaced very quickly. I only put a few hundred miles on the stock seat.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update, I haven't been active lately on the site but ended up with the Saddleman profiler seat. Love it! Looks great but after a short break in period it cured the numb butt feeling on longer rides. With the old stock seat I couldn't ride more than 30 minutes without it hurting, with this seat I don't even ever think of the seat issue anymore. It's a much stiffer seat than the stock seat but I think it's the gel and the more defined saddle area that adds the comfort.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
quote=Rene';102830]Does anyone have pics of a saddleman profiler seat on thier kawasaki 900 custom? (not the tattoo)[/quote]

Mine is a tattoo but the only difference is the flame stiched in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts