Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm looking for opinions on the Saddleman Solo seat vs. my current Mustang Seat. Infact, I just posted a WTT in the classifieds.

Is there any difference in comfort between the 2? Will the saddleman sit me further back than the mustang seat? Just wanting to hear from others who have the saddleman solo seat.

Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the solo and love it. Never tried the mustang, but compared to stock you a fair bit lower and also a heck of a lot more comfy.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
toxic, tell him your height so he can judge if the solo would be a good fit for him

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ah yes sorry, 5'10", a bit taller with my boots on :)

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I had a saddle man solo (gel) on my custom and a mustang on my classic .... by far the mustang was the most comfortable and gave the most (seat well) support. The solo heats up during summer with the gel insert .... comfort was fine as a day rider ... 2 to 3 hrs a day .... the mustang, I could spend 10 to 11 hrs a day with no issues. I'm 5.10", so the saddle man with give you a little more room.

As far as selling the mustang ... it is only worth what some ones willing to pay for it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a saddle man solo (gel) on my custom and a mustang on my classic .... by far the mustang was the most comfortable and gave the most (seat well) support. The solo heats up during summer with the gel insert .... comfort was fine as a day rider ... 2 to 3 hrs a day .... the mustang, I could spend 10 to 11 hrs a day with no issues. I'm 5.10", so the saddle man with give you a little more room.

As far as selling the mustang ... it is only worth what some ones willing to pay for it.
Sadly, my bike is just a town cruiser. I might get out every once in while. I mainly want the solo seat to clean up the back end. Plus, nobody ever wants to ride with me. I can't even entice the ladies on the online dating site I am with. :frown2:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Just got the Saddlemen install. What I thought would take a few minutes ended taking about half an hour or so of making it work. First off, the Mustang seat used bolts to hold the bracket on while the other had nut studs. After finding a pair of nuts, I get the bracket installed and it won't latch. Bracket isn't close enough to the latch. Took bracket off again and added 3 washers behind the bracket. It latched after slamming it into the latch. So, I dismounted the latch and added a single washer for both bolts. Put it all together and the seat latches better.

I double checked the part number on the solo seat and it's a Classic seat. But the work I did makes me think it's a mislabeled custom seat. I guess there was a reason why it was marked down to $205 other than it was a like-new used seat. Other than that fiasco, the rest of the seat is fine.

The seat itself isn't even broke in. It feels a lot different than the Mustang. Not as much support in the back. I hope today's weather lets me ride.

Here's a pic link:
Solo Seat Installed!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have had Mustang seats on two 900 customs and swear by them. I wouldn't even consider another brand. I just keep my oem seat in storage in case I ever (NOT) decided to sell my bike and someone wanted the original seat.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have had Mustang seats on two 900 customs and swear by them. I wouldn't even consider another brand. I just keep my oem seat in storage in case I ever (NOT) decided to sell my bike and someone wanted the original seat.
As I said, I probably would not have considered it if I hadn't found it on Amazon for $205 like-new used. And, all I needed were some washers to get it to latch correctly. Besides, I like the clean look of the back-end of the bike. If Mustang made a solo seat, I would have opted for them instead.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts