Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone has gotten the saddleman renegade solo seat for a 900 classic? I'm thinking about buying one because I have a mustang touring seat and I still get very sore after an hour or so of riding. I went with the mustang seat because all the reviews were good but still not good enough!

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
keep your mustang and try raising / lowering your bars a little ..... it could be a posture issue vs a seat issue .... I have the mustang on my classic and can (and have) sit there all day with no issues.

I have the renegade solo on my custom, it is comfortable, but not as much as the mustang .... after all the custom has different rider ergonomics with the forward set pegs.. ... Note.... the renegade has a gel cushion, which tends to cook the "boys" in the summer months if left uncovered for to long.

I would hate to see you shell out a lot of $$$'s for a variety of seats.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is my 3rd season with the renegade solo on my classic. It replaced the stock seat. I am very happy with the comfort and ride position. It was also priced less that the other options. So far, no complaints!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys, it could be a position problem I guess. I thought the mustang was ok but I put highway pegs on and the back rest and at first it was great but after an hour I started getting sore as hell. I want to raise my bars a couple inches and might just make some risers and see if that helps. Still considering the saddleman solo though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Replaced the stock with it & very happy. After breaking in, took a 400+ ride & no issues at all for lower body

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replaced the stock with it & very happy. After breaking in, took a 400+ ride & no issues at all for lower body
Good to hear. I'm leaning towards it but I may have to give the mustang seat another few chances. I'm just having a hard time believing the mustang isn't comfortable when it's got great reviews. thinking it's something I'm doing wrong...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts