Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience mounting Saddleman X-Jumbo Cruis'n Slants throw overs on the new Edge brackets (use to be Ghost brackets)?

Want to make sure I do it correctly.

Also, if you have experience with this setup how do you like it?

2009 VN900 Classic

·
Banned
593 Posts
I have the Express Desperado jumbo bags, and I dig them. I also have the Edge Brackets, and I love them as well. Installation is pretty straight forward. You install the bracket onto the bag itself, and then you install the retaining bolts onto the fender with the hardware that they give you. I love that the bike looks pretty clean when the bags are removed (which takes, literally, 5 seconds per bag).They're very secure, as well.

I STRONGLY recommend the system!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you add anything special to the bags before you mounted the brackets to the saddle bags? On the Cruis'n slants there seems to be a thin piece of plastic at the back. Just want to make sure that would be enough to support them, or do I need to do anything else?

·
Banned
593 Posts
The desperado bags are pretty firm on the back, so I didn't have to do anything different to them. I'm not sure about yours. I suppose you could mount something behind them to beef it up a little bit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have that setup on my bike, and I didn't have to do anything, just be a bit careful when drilling through the back not to get the mesh wrapped in the drill bit... besides the obvious, it takes a while to untangle to keep working lol...

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have read that when using the 'Edge' brackets, that some people remove the fender trims, especially with sissy bar backrests installed, to reduce how far out the bags sit. I understand with these brackets, your bags do sit out a bit further (approx.1") from the fenders.

For those who have them fitted, is this the case??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, I have the sissy bar on as well, so I didn't other, I liked having them off a little bit for the protection of the bike, and haven't found it to cause any issues.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VulcanLife, do you have the throw over bags that you can take off the yoke by undoing the 4 twists on the inside of each bag?

·
Registered
16 Posts
No, I have the edge brackets, so they just have a key lock and slide off the bike. I will try to get pictures this evening and post them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, I have the edge brackets, so they just have a key lock and slide off the bike. I will try to get pictures this evening and post them.
I have the throw over bags with the twist connectors from the bag to the yoke. I'm trying to figure out a good way to plug the holes if I go with the edge brackets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts