Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all so I am looking to get saddle bags for my 2006 Vulcan 900 classic and for some reason I can not find other brands besides saddlemen which im not too keen on the style. I have found Viking bags but the quick disconnect for the bike is out of stock and it has been out of stock for quite some time. So if anyone has any recommendations i would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Getting a specific brand of saddlebag (e.g., Viking) does not necessarily mean that you are limited to that same brand of mounting hardware, including quick-release systems. The Saddlemen quick release system will work on the rigid-back Viking bags. There are other brand alternatives as well.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
Leatherlyke. They are hard bags.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey all so I am looking to get saddle bags for my 2006 Vulcan 900 classic and for some reason I can not find other brands besides saddlemen which im not too keen on the style. I have found Viking bags but the quick disconnect for the bike is out of stock and it has been out of stock for quite some time. So if anyone has any recommendations i would greatly appreciate it.
We had Leatherlykes on the 1500FI, the wife rode. We chose the smooth style, without the chrome studs. Quick disconnect was a breeze to use. No bulky mounting brackets, just bullet-type aluminum bushings to hang them on. Bushings had a groove in them. Slide bag on through rubber grommets, snap clips over grooves, done. Used them on long group rides for years. Wifey really stuffed allot of junk in them! After several years, had small cracks develops at the mounts. JB Weld, some sanding, and black paint fixed that (it was on the inside, where you couldn't see). If you don't mind the look (they are hard, leather-textured, & huge!), they worked well for her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts