Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have come to realize that I need saddlebags for my 2018 Vulcan 650s. The Genuine Kawasaki are incredibly expensive... does anyone know of some that look good, are functional and reasonably priced?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Viking bags; be sure to replace the hardware! Front bolt is 10x1.25mmx70 and Rear is 8x1.25mm x 80 Chase the rear threads with a tap!

Use the thick spacers on the front and rear, and stack the thin spacer on rear; should give you proper stand-off
Purchased my hardware from belmetric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
+1 for Viking bags...many of us have them.
As texasnurse pointed out you need to replace some of the hardware (some of my bolts were too long), and chase the threads before install.

I also used a drop or two of Loctite on the fasteners.

Viking ships quick, has a variety of styles and sizes and looks good - and they run sales all the time.

I installed a set of Viking Charger large bags (with locks) on the Vulcan S about 3 years ago and no complaints...ok, maybe ONE small gripe...

On mine (perhaps they have changed this) you have to lock the bags every time and the key is not removable in the ‘unlock’ position. Some folks don’t want/need to lock them every time, and as the key can only be pulled out when locked as you swing the bag open the key can hit the rear fender (unless you have a luggage rack or a clear strip of 3M paint protector film).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts