Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a trip and want trunk/saddlebag liners for 2011 Voyager. Kawasaki stuff expensive so looking for good quality and fit in aftermarket. Any suggestions appreciated.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Black Regular Saddlebag Liner for Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad

I have had these on my wishlist for a while now.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Bestem-LGKA-NOMAD-SDL-R-Regular-Saddlebag-Kawasaki/dp/B005RA7074/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1399860503&sr=1-1&keywords=Bestem+LGKA-NOMAD-SDL-R+Black+Regular+Saddlebag+Liner+for+Kawasaki+Vulcan+Nomad[/ame]

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
You should be able to get 20 - 25% off retail at an online vendor for the Kawasaki bags.
Or you could just buy some ditty bags at walmart in the camping section and go that route.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Back when I thought I needed bag/trunk liners I have tried after market bag liners which never fit correctly, and then went with the motorcycle brand liners because the fit and quality was much better.

The Kawai liners may seem pricey, but for fitment and quality they should be better. I still have a new set of liners for a Venture, they almost fit, could use them anyway, but they still do not fit like they should. Plus the Venture bags are a little smaller. So is the trunk. For short trips I don't use liners any more. I use Craftsman tool bags. As they come in a lot of different sizes and they stack well in the bags and trunk.

For a long trip I use the huge Yamaha duffle bag and just throw it in the trailer. The wife uses her flight suitcase.

Aren't the Nomad and Voyager bags different?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have the Kaw liners. While a little on the pricey side, I got a 15% discount from my dealer. They fit well and are functional. I like that on trips, I can just pop them out and carry to my room.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Saddlemen makes them for HD and Honda, I don't know about Kawasaki, but it might be worth a look.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Candy Burnt Orange/Ebony.............

So that is the color of the one I see in town every now and then.... wild color but a really nice wild color....

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Strange postings

I got an email containing a post in this thread and when I clicked on the link I find that the post is not here. Mmm. Strange.

I guess if you post and people are subscribed that they will get the post in an email if you don't delete it soon enough?

The post was something about the Kawasaki bags not really fitting but the poster must have been trying to fit the 1600 Nomad or Vaquero bags in the Voyager Saddlebags.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Yes... you can sometimes get an email notice of a post reply that has been deleted by the person posting it....

·
Registered
637 Posts
... The post was something about the Kawasaki bags not really fitting but the poster must have been trying to fit the 1600 Nomad or Vaquero bags in the Voyager Saddlebags.
I kept my Nomad bags (Bestem) when I sold that bike, and use them in the Voyager. I have no issues with the fit at all, but it's easier to close the lid if I have the Vulcan emblem and pocket facing inwards. That way the zipper toggle doesn't get trapped in the hinge side anywhere, and I can leave the pocket partially unzipped to tuck away the phone / wallet somewhere dry easily.

I still did prefer the Nomad side-opening bags though... All that mechanism in the lid of the Voyager bags takes up way more room than it needs to, and we all hate wasted space on a tourer don't we?

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I was attempting to post to the thread but it appeared to be posting to a particular message. - I deleted it and tried to re-post the message but was denied (stating it was a duplicate).

If you search the archives, there was a company (no longer in business) that created custom liners for the Voyager. The current Kawasaki bag liners (I have them) being sold for the Voyager are not designed for the Voyager and are actually the same liners for Kawasaki bags that load sideways (same part number :mad: ) - which means there isn't a notch/cutout in the liner for the Voyager latches (which take up too much space) and don't use the upper extra wide area. A proper Voyager bag liner should look somewhat like a mushroom with notches :D so we can put all of our stuff :pig: in the bag liners.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I was attempting to post to the thread but it appeared to be posting to a particular message. - I deleted it and tried to re-post the message but was denied (stating it was a duplicate).

If you search the archives, there was a company (no longer in business) that created custom liners for the Voyager. The current Kawasaki bag liners (I have them) being sold for the Voyager are not designed for the Voyager and are actually the same liners for Kawasaki bags that load sideways (same part number :mad: ) - which means there isn't a notch/cutout in the liner for the Voyager latches (which take up too much space) and don't use the upper extra wide area. A proper Voyager bag liner should look somewhat like a mushroom with notches :D so we can put all of our stuff :pig: in the bag liners.
The vaquero bag liners are different than the voyager/ nomad bag liners. Totally different shape.
I just looked on Kawasaki's website and the are showing the side load bags for the voyager. Idiots.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts