Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven’t seen anything recent, but has anyone found a more reasonable option for racks or chrome trim to go on top of the saddlebag? I went with the round rails for the rear rack so would want to keep this design

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know the post is a few months old, but since nobody else responded...

I grabbed these for my 1600. It says they fit a 1700. No mounting template, though, so measure and fit twenty times before you drill once. I will likely be mounting mine this weekend.

Chrome Top Rails for Kawasaki Vulcan VN1500 VN1600 VN1700 Nomad Hard Saddlebags https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006QNN3MM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_UbSICbEGMEKKC

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know the post is a few months old, but since nobody else responded...

I grabbed these for my 1600. It says they fit a 1700. No mounting template, though, so measure and fit twenty times before you drill once. I will likely be mounting mine this weekend.

Chrome Top Rails for Kawasaki Vulcan VN1500 VN1600 VN1700 Nomad Hard Saddlebags Amazon.com: Chrome Top Rails for Kawasaki Vulcan VN1500 VN1600 VN1700 Nomad Hard Saddlebags: Automotive
Just got mine today and starting the process, love templates but...

·
Premium Member
2012 Nomad
293 Posts
Just got mine today and starting the process, love templates but...
You need to be careful as a lot of these say they will fit a 1700 but were designed for the 1500/1600’s with side opening bags & therefore end up to close to the keyhole. Mate had to cut the top of his key on his Nomad so they would fit. I had mine custom made by a metal shop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Peg and K.T.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Diggles is right - and I don't think those ones from Amazon with the square shape and the four rails will fit Voyager (or "09 & up Nomads) bags. You need the three rail model with mounts much closer to each other, like this one from Ebay. They can be mounted to allow plenty of clearance for the key.

Saddlebag rails.JPG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts