Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been checking out the prices of KAWI's saddlebag top lid rails. Seem a little pricey. Has anyone found any other aftermarket top lid rails that are full length for my 2013 Nomad. Only other ones I found are from Cobra and they are half lengths. Also would like to know if 1600 Nomad would fit. Any info and opinions would be appreciated. I don't like leather ones.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I had after market on my Venture for the same reason. Can't remember who made them. Show Chrome? They were on there 11 years. Look on ebay for them and see some of the generic ones from china... I have a china rack, it is nice, finish is nice, and only cost 25 bucks delivered...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can find lots of aftermarket for the 1500/1600 nomads but nothing for the 1700 nomad except as I said for the Cobra. Seems to be few and far between.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I bet some of those HD, Yamaha, and Honda will fit...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Bubba. It is funny you should say that. I had some top rails from my 2010 Road King that I tried on it. The harley ones will not fit the profile as they will not fit flush on the top of the bags in order to bolt up. Maybe others will fit but choices are limited since they changed the bag style from side opening to top opening. The vacquero still has the side opening which I have always preferrred. The nomad and voyageur share the same bags. You don't see them for sale used if ever.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
You should be able to find the Kawasaki ones at 20 to 25% off of MSRP. One of the online vendors that has been consistently lower than the others for parts I am looking for is www.ronayers.com. There are many others so searching around could pay off.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Ballbreaker. I had to put a curve into a set of rails once to make it fit. They were not hard to change the profile. To fit the fenders on my wheel kit I had for the Venture. I pulled a very large trailer with the kit attached.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks two wheeled addict for the website. I will check it out. Hey Bubba I would have to get a set pretty cheap to try that out. Maybe a conduit bender would work?

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Maybe a conduit bender would work?
I made a jig out of 2x4's and applied pressure in the middle until it was curved the way it needed to be using the back side of my bench vice with the jig against the wall.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Bubba: Glad this worked for you. I am still going to try and find something that fits my bike that is factory. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Yep... actually if you can affort factory it is always the best way to go when limited alternatives are available. Now that I can afford to get the factory stuff... I am not that interested in some of that stuff anymore. I only put saddlebag rails on the Venture because it had no handle to grab to open. Just a dinky little tab of the inside edge. I put the saddlebag rails on the wheel kit fenders to help hold down the diamond plate strips I put on the fender.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts