Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi! I like to buy some saddle bag for a one week road trip my and my girlfriend ( 2 on the bike) and I don't want some permanent saddle bag I like to find some things good not to expansive and some things that will not rub and broke the paint on my bike..... I saw some trow over and they said no need bracket? any one have any suggestion?? My bike is a custom with vance and hines slash cut staggered and a back rest like this one ( not quick detachable ) :

Thanks for you help!!
If any one like to share pics and tips I will appreciate

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Try First Gear Onyx Expandables.

I have these on my bike. Fit under the seat and have handles so you can carry them to the hotel. Have support brackets for them. Pic with them on my custom. They expand and hold quite a bit. Includes rain covers. They are quite durable and have had them for over two years. I secure them with airport luggage locks through the zipper pulls.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/71/986/2746/ITEM/Firstgear-Onyx-Saddlebags.aspx

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have these on my bike. Fit under the seat and have handles so you can carry them to the hotel. Have support brackets for them. Pic with them on my custom. They expand and hold quite a bit. Includes rain covers. They are quite durable and have had them for over two years. I secure them with airport luggage locks through the zipper pulls.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/71/986/2746/ITEM/Firstgear-Onyx-Saddlebags.aspx
Thanks VulcanJohn!! I have order those : http://www.vikingbags.com/vulcan-900-custom-universal-ss-side-pocket-saddlebags-9951-prd1.htm

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
viking bag review.

Hi! I was looking for some inexpensive saddle bag for a road trip, I don't plan to stay those there I prefer the look without saddle bag. I found some Viking saddle bag on ebay for 79.99 + 24.99 shipping and for the price those a very good! I'm very happy on how they do on the road trip!! No water in or road debris .... Its come with all the hardware needed, no need to buy any bracket!! I really recommend those! Hope this help for the one who is searching for bag. here a pics:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi! I was looking for some inexpensive saddle bag for a road trip, I don't plan to stay those there I prefer the look without saddle bag. I found some Viking saddle bag on ebay for 79.99 + 24.99 shipping and for the price those a very good! I'm very happy on how they do on the road trip!! No water in or road debris .... Its come with all the hardware needed, no need to buy any bracket!! I really recommend those! Hope this help for the one who is searching for bag. here a pics:

Mad-
How was the install on those? I also have the Paladin sissy bar (mine's quick release tho) and was looking at putting some Viking bags on mine vs the throw over I have now.

-Delta

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mad-
How was the install on those? I also have the Paladin sissy bar (mine's quick release tho) and was looking at putting some Viking bags on mine vs the throw over I have now.

-Delta
Its pretty easy to instal. My luggage rack is not quick release so can`t help you whit yours , but here the installation instruction :
hope this will help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts