Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my 900, I was told about the saddlebag offer.
Has anyone received them? They are mailed from Kawasaki...

I was just hoping to get some details about the look and setup, plus how long it took after purchase for them to arrive.

Thanks,
Rod

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also purchased a vulcan 900 classic recently. I spoke with the dealership today and they said yes it will be mailed by kawasaki. The salesman said it takes 6-8 weeks usually. The package is sent once the bike is registered as sold so as to activate the warrantee. This could take several weeks, so by next spring we should have a nice set of saddlebags

·
Registered
49 Posts
new saddle bags

i also bought a new classic recently i got mine in last week they all really nice i looked them up on the kawasaki website there worth about 400 bucks .. they look real good

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 900 Custom a couple of weeks ago. Talked to Kawasaki yesterday and they said that the brackets are on backorder and should be a couple weeks. They also said they mistakenly told dealers that they will be mailed to us directly... they will come to the dealer. I considered telling them to just send the bags and I will get some quick-release brackets, but I didn't push the issue.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a 900 Custom a couple of weeks ago. Talked to Kawasaki yesterday and they said that the brackets are on backorder and should be a couple weeks. They also said they mistakenly told dealers that they will be mailed to us directly... they will come to the dealer. I considered telling them to just send the bags and I will get some quick-release brackets, but I didn't push the issue.
Who did you speak to at Kawasaki? Was this a customer service number or something?

Rod

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, it was just a generic Kawasaki customer service number I found on their website. They were very friendly and, once I gave them my name, seemed to quickly know all the details of my purchase. Was this number: 949-460-5688

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, it was just a generic Kawasaki customer service number I found on their website. They were very friendly and, once I gave them my name, seemed to quickly know all the details of my purchase. Was this number: 949-460-5688
Okay, Thanks! I will give them a call.

Rod

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, I just called them at the number you gave...
The bags are on back-order, but are expected to arrive by 01April.
Then, 7-10 business days for shipping. I was just happy to know that my bike was on their list.

She also confirmed that they will be sent to the dealer. I asked if they could be shipped directly to me, but she said no. I also asked if I could be notified when they shipped, but she said they were not set up to do that.

Anyway, that does not sound like a horrible wait. I am not in particular need for bags anyway, but they would be nice to have.

Last thing, my bike is not on the list for the recall on gas tanks.
:)

Rod

·
Registered
126 Posts
I bought my 2011 Custom SE and was pretty sad to find that the most expensive 900 they have isn't eligible for the free bags. I wonder if it was and the dealership was just mistaken. I should probably call Kawi lol.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought my 2011 Custom SE and was pretty sad to find that the most expensive 900 they have isn't eligible for the free bags. I wonder if it was and the dealership was just mistaken. I should probably call Kawi lol.
http://www.kawasaki.com/Saddlebags/Default.aspx

I would definitely call customer line give above. It seems very likely that the dealer was mistaken.

Let us know...

Rod

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought a brand new 2009 Vulcan from a local dealer. They didn't offer the saddle bag deal to me and I wasn't sure if it would even apply to the 2009 model year but I called customer service anyways. Much to my suprise the bike was eligible and they will be sending them to the dealer in my name once they are available in early April. So definitely call customer service at 949-460-5688. Have your VIN ready and they can look up the details of your bike and sales transaction.

Steve

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just bought a brand new 2009 Vulcan from a local dealer. They didn't offer the saddle bag deal to me and I wasn't sure if it would even apply to the 2009 model year but I called customer service anyways. Much to my suprise the bike was eligible and they will be sending them to the dealer in my name once they are available in early April. So definitely call customer service at 949-460-5688. Have your VIN ready and they can look up the details of your bike and sales transaction.

Steve
That's awesome! Good job on following up on the offer. I can't believe the dealer's are not making this known. I had to ask about it myself...and will continue to follow up with the dealer.

Did you get a Classic or a Custom?

Rod

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's awesome! Good job on following up on the offer. I can't believe the dealer's are not making this known. I had to ask about it myself...and will continue to follow up with the dealer.

Did you get a Classic or a Custom?

Rod
I got the Custom in Candy Burnt Orange. I couldn't pass up the price and it looks great in the sun. I will update this post when I receive the bags or any more information on them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I bought my 2009 classic 900 a week before the promotion!!! Have been going back and forth with stealership since the offer posted, and no definate yes or no as of yet! I reall can't argue if they say no, but caaaamom kawa pull through on this one will ya!!...wink wink, customer for life potentially......my story...

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought my 2009 classic 900 a week before the promotion!!! Have been going back and forth with stealership since the offer posted, and no definate yes or no as of yet! I reall can't argue if they say no, but caaaamom kawa pull through on this one will ya!!...wink wink, customer for life potentially......my story...
Try calling Kawasaki directly...use the number posted above.

Rod

·
Registered
151 Posts
Try calling Kawasaki directly...use the number posted above.

Rod
Well I just got my response from the dealership!! Flat out NO! They said they contacted regional Kawasaki rep who spoke to his boss, who said no way. WTF, I mean 1 week... I bought bike in the dead of winter.. Oh well I guess.. Sucks though.

I'll try calling myself later and see...

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I just got my response from the dealership!! Flat out NO! They said they contacted regional Kawasaki rep who spoke to his boss, who said no way. WTF, I mean 1 week... I bought bike in the dead of winter.. Oh well I guess.. Sucks though.

I'll try calling myself later and see...
Nothing to lose by trying...have your VIN # handy...

Rod

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
can one of you guys that already received your bags post up a pic of them or link? just wondering what style these are.
That's a good idea...I would love to see it also.

Rod

1 - 20 of 72 Posts