Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any assistance greatly appreciated! I'm looking for saddlebags for my 09 VN 900 Classic. I've replaced the stock seat with a saddlemen solo and do not want throwover bags. Consequently, I am looking for hard mount bags--is this correct? (I don't want anything over the rear fender) If I am correct, can anyone please provide me with specific bags (brand and model number) that are EASY to install as I am severely mechanically challenged :confused:. In addition, I prefer the look of soft (i.e., leather-like) bags. Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any assistance greatly appreciated! I'm looking for saddlebags for my 09 VN 900 Classic. I've replaced the stock seat with a saddlemen solo and do not want throwover bags. Consequently, I am looking for hard mount bags--is this correct? (I don't want anything over the rear fender) If I am correct, can anyone please provide me with specific bags (brand and model number) that are EASY to install as I am severely mechanically challenged :confused:. In addition, I prefer the look of soft (i.e., leather-like) bags. Thanks.
A friend of mine bought Willie and Max hard mounts (Revolution Retro style) for his VN900 Classic. He said they are fairly easy to install.

Check out the black Vulcan on the left side of the attached photo. That's his bike with the Willie and Max bags (it's a large pic, so click the bar for full size).

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have the Willie & Max Revlution bags too. Mine are the standard series large size. See link & picture below. These are great bags and really durable. My right side one held the bike off the ground when I wrecked last fall and only has a couple scuffs on the bottom edge. I did have to get the buckle re-chromed. But the bag didn't crush or bend out of shape. I use the W&M universal mounting brackets. I even added some threaded rod,etc. so that I can take the bags off for ease of cleaning without having to remove the brackets. Just 4 little nuts and the bag comes off.
http://www.willieandmax.com/categories/saddlebags/viewrevolution.cfm

Attachments

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Consequently, I am looking for hard mount bags--is this correct?
If you mean the bags themselves are 'hard', as you can see in the pictures: this is not correct. You can find a nice variety of leather bags to mount onto your bike.

I'm afraid none of them are 'easy' for the mechanically uninclined on the original mounting due to getting fender, struts, braces, etc lined up. It's not difficult either, but you might cuss a bit. My suggestion is to get some quick-release bags or a bag within a bag type of setup. That way, once the braces are mounted you can leave them on and just snap off or pull out your bags.

·
Registered
54 Posts
They both are. As a matter of fact you cannot open them without a key. Kind of a hassle but safe at same time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts