Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a day pack strapped to my seat that I keep little things in, (tire gauge, cargo net, spare riding glasses) And on occasion I've had people get into it and take things. But yesterday takes the cake!

I go to Walmart to pick up some fragrance oil for my little burner. I toss it in my day pack and then off to Krogers for some food. When I get out of the store I find my bag unzipped. Nothing missing. But then I find my little bottle of Hawaiian Mist empty on the ground with its contents nowhere to be found. The only conclusion I can draw is that someone drank it! :eek: There were a couple of homeless (so the cardboard signs say anyway) guys sitting on the corner begging. So I'm betting one of them thought it was liquor.

So. anyone else ever get their bags jacked?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep, been there before. Had my tank bag stolen with my slicker suit in it. That was 20+ years ago and thankfully have never had it happen again but I usually will take the bags off and carry with me. But as soon as I can afford hard bags that's what I doing considering thefts are getting worse from vehicles.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Never lost anything, lucky i guess, i have always left my helmet by my bike on the ground unlocked as well. Hell ... i went to Jerome Az earlier this year, parked the bike, walked around for 1 1/2 hrs and came back to find i had left the keys in the ignition. I have never locked my bike trailer either.:eek:

·
Registered
455 Posts
The only thing I have heard taken from guys I ride with are the tiny foot print DOT helmets. Skid lids, or mushrooms no.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts