Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked on e bay found one used one but where can we get the chrome I call them roll over bars that go in front the hard saddle bags for the Classic?

Ordered a new set of hard saddle bags and like the look of those bars kind fills in that blank spot makes since to.
Nothing on e bay anyone have a link of a aftermarket place for sales?

Thanks.

·
BOTM Winner, October 2016
537 Posts
Are you referring to the same bag guards, aka tip over guards? If so, these are usually part of the mounting hardware found on the Nomad.

If you are referring to the luggage racks that sit on top of the saddlebags, there is a guy on Facebook Vulcan group getting rid of his.

There are also a set of saddlebag protectors that mount around the base of the bags, harder to find bye, but can be found on eBay from time to time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes sir the ones right in the front of your saddle bags and above your muffler those bigger chrome bars and that is one heck of a nice looking ride.
Will the stuff off the nomad fit the classic? I ordered a set of hard aftermarket bags from mutazu but like that chrome tubing that comes up on front of the bags on your picture. I seen one used on e bay that states it fits a classic but only found one for the right side.

Having the bags painted to color match but I know that crash bar I think its call bolts on just not sure about the classic but i'd think it should. Our Kawasaki dealer is not open till Tuesday so was bouncing around on e bay hoping to find a set.

·
537 Posts
Look up Noclass on The Vulcan forum on Delphiforums.com he converted His Classic to a Nomad. Best of luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
WOW. Mine is a 07...
Got the front bar just like the looks of those rear in front the bags.

thank you.

I'll be working on this thing for a month or so but if you and others ride down this way sometime let me know.
Kinda fell back into the bike riding again don't know a soul down here yet. Just modding it up where I don't have to keep tearing it down later.

·
537 Posts
I see that you're in Elizabeth City. I used to visit often when I was a cell phone rep. We left Portsmouth last summer and are now In Florida. Lots of nice back roads out there. Best of luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see that you're in Elizabeth City. I used to visit often when I was a cell phone rep. We left Portsmouth last summer and are now In Florida. Lots of nice back roads out there. Best of luck.

You went from one humidity to another. LOL Thanks. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are you referring to the same bag guards, aka tip over guards? If so, these are usually part of the mounting hardware found on the Nomad.

If you are referring to the luggage racks that sit on top of the saddlebags, there is a guy on Facebook Vulcan group getting rid of his.

There are also a set of saddlebag protectors that mount around the base of the bags, harder to find bye, but can be found on eBay from time to time.

Nice ride just wondering about the passenger floorboards my set are angled up on the front sure helps the passengers legs on a long ride

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
537 Posts
Nice ride just wondering about the passenger floorboards my set are angled up on the front sure helps the passengers legs on a long ride

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mine were stock to the Nomad. No angle.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Know what? Its going work. :)

Found the chrome rails for the saddle bags on e bay for get this? 25 dollars won the starting bid, bran new, keep my fingers crossed when I got home the rails fit fine on the new aftermarket bags. Mutazu RS with the turn signals in the bottom. E bay > eBay item number:251824370957

Dropped everything off at a bike shop with a in house dyno they are going to give me a hp and torque stock and with adding the power commander. One thing I though was funny was they could not do a air flow ratio. Strange.

From Bat wing to a list of 10 things they are suppose to call me with a price mid week on everything.
I figured two months to have it fixed and painted.
Getting her done.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you have the factory bag mounts? The crash bar ties into that. Just FYI.
About given up on the crash bars on the rear. Bags I ordered came with the hardware to install then on a classic shop that is doing the work called and say they were ready so for now just put that idea on hold. Would love to have them but I'm seeing its a lot of hardware and a lot of cost to get them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts