Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a newish car that is in mint shape. We use it on occation, and I like the car and want to keep it around for awhile. Now, I've heard the arguments for and against rustproofing. You know...cash cow, not necessary......to "do it"...
What say you all?
(I live in a salt infested area.....we use salt in the winter, and live by the salty sea).....Krown (in our area) is offering a desalinization if you will..before they apply the rust-proof. Do any of you have 20 year old cars that have "held up" with rustproofing?
Thanks for ANY and ALL opinions.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Had an old mazda. Bought from a doctor who used krown every year. When I got it it was 6 years old, with known rust issues. When I got rid of it, it was almost 19 years old, with absolutely no rust at all. Am running new test on 08 mazda 6 with krown. So far so good

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks "Dutch"...that's encouraging.
Did u get them to "rinse/wash the salt off before applying the Krown..(if u have salt issues)...

·
Registered
286 Posts
If it looks like snow, they salt the roads. Major salt issues here. I am not sure if they wash underneath before applying. The wife brings it in, its her cage. It gets done in the fall so the summer rains probably wash most of it off. It gets washed regularly year round anyway. In winter she hits the carwash, comes home parks in the heated garage to dry. Other than that it stays outside.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts