Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else getting rust around the screws on the sides of headlight bucket? really annoying:mad: brand new bike! seems like they could have put plugs over the holes?

·
Registered
719 Posts
18 months and no rust on OEM parts. My bike is stored in the garage and after washing I go over it with an air hose, especially around fasteners, prior to towel drying. Bolts for the aftermarket chrome neck cover are starting to show signs of rust.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gonna go look at the 09 this weekend maybe and see if they possibly came up with plugs for the screw holes. i keep my bike nice and clean but just light moisture and the rust pops right up in those spot grrrrr
if so ill call kawi and make sure to get some resolution out of them i hope

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Yep, I have it too! I noticed it about two weeks after I bought the bike( actually the wife noticed it)
I took a toothbrush with some rust-check and gave it a good scrubbing, then I dabbed the rust out with a cloth, then I shot a bit of coat and protect in there. Done.
Another bothersome spot? Underneath, the bracket where the muffler bolts on.....completely covered in rust, glad I caught it.....scrubbed it off and put a good coat of wax on it....done.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, I have it too! I noticed it about two weeks after I bought the bike( actually the wife noticed it)
I took a toothbrush with some rust-check and gave it a good scrubbing, then I dabbed the rust out with a cloth, then I shot a bit of coat and protect in there. Done.
Another bothersome spot? Underneath, the bracket where the muffler bolts on.....completely covered in rust, glad I caught it.....scrubbed it off and put a good coat of wax on it....done.
ya just noticed some rust there on mine as well, got some scrubbin to do ill try the rust check. that headlight screw is in a tight spot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts