Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had posted a couple of months ago about the uncomfortable VN900 seat.
I had a Russell Day Long seat built and it is much more comfortable than the stocker in the limited riding I have gotten to do so far.
Plan to ride a little bit Labor Day weekend.
Richard

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Here's a pic of the Russell DayLong saddle on my '06 Classic.
Some say it's ugly, but when you're sitting on it, you don't see it, and the only one that cares is your butt!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
If you have here $$ get a Russell. Best buy you can do. I have the mustang seat with riders backrest only because I got it at a steal.
To be exact, that seat was $840.00, including the $80.00 ride-in fee. And that was just to have the rider's seat done. I did not have the passenger's seat done. That would have added an additional $130.00. So yes, a Russell is expensive, but definitely worth it. I have to add that the studs added $65.00 to the cost, but is included in the above price. If you leave off the studs and the rider's back rest, the seat, with just the rider's seat done would be $545.00 plus either shipping or the ride-in fee. Mine was done with vinyl side panels and leather seating panels, which is what Russell recommends.

A new Mustang seat, by comparison, runs $499 for the Wide Touring model, and $669 for the same seat with the rider's backrest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts