Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my seat back from Russell a few days ago. I put 200 miles on Friday and 300 Saturday. Its a great improvement over the stock and better than the Mustang I had on my 900. The only small problem is I have to slide forward in the seat to plant my feet flat on the ground.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Looks good! So would you say you can ride all day in comfort? Or do you still get soreness/hot spots after a while?

·
Registered
687 Posts
You'll soon get used to putting your feet down, I don't even notice the different movement now. Feet down isn't what it's designed for though, it's superb for everything else... I tried a Mustang seat on the Voyager before this one, and much prefer the Russell. Your pictures reveal a better fit between the rider & passenger section than ours, which has quite a large gap.

R5.8... It's an all day saddle for me and my passenger. When we need a break, it's not through anything to do with the seat. Hot weather will give us a little "butt-burn" after a very long day, but I think that's more an issue with our kevlar lined jeans?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't had the chance to ride all day yet. I have a trip planned in early May where I'll ride all day multiple days and fully expect no problems. The seat feels great now and it's not fully broke in. They claim 500 to 1000 miles for break in.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I have Russell seats on both by bikes and totally agree with your review.

I don't use them for long rides, but went to Russell because of a back condition. While I may never be able to ride "day-long", at least I'm riding again (for now).....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Backrest

Is the Russel driver's backrest removable? The Mrs. May not like it that cramped on the weekend jaunts.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Is the Russel driver's backrest removable? The Mrs. May not like it that cramped on the weekend jaunts.
Yes, it slides right out the front and folds down to get on the bike.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hands down your going to love the Russel seat for sure. When I talk bikes with other people I always bring them up and they say they have put on exhaust etc on bike and I always say get a seat first a Russel Day Long and love your ride first then go to the other extra's. It makes you love your ride even more.

I would not get rid of my bike mainly because of the seat as I would have to wait for another and I would get another no matter what it is that great.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Love it on mine . . . Peg - Yes my Kevlar lined jeans cause a little rubbing too . . . But with the RDL, its not near as much as they did when combined with the OEM or Mustang Seats.

·
Registered
246 Posts
May I ask what back rest is that on the RDL on Voyager? Doesn't look familiar...

I have Russell seats on both by bikes and totally agree with your review.

I don't use them for long rides, but went to Russell because of a back condition. While I may never be able to ride "day-long", at least I'm riding again (for now).....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts