Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can you make your rear turn signals stay on light running lights?? Makes the bike more noticable at night.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Hmmm, don't know about that one. But it makes me wonder if that would even be legal.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have seen some bikes here in OKC with turn/running lights on the rear. They are really stand out at night, and of course brighter when flashing. Thought they might have a wiring kit for it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Funny because I just finished mine this evening...I ordered two front 3 wire signals and took the sockets out of them and installed them in my rear turn signals. Spliced the connectors on and hooked the third wire (running light wire) to my tag light wire. Worked great. I also changed the lenses to red.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, Thats what i was hoping to do, where did you get the red lens. Where they for the original lights?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Custom Dynamics.
If your turn signals are the same on front and back you don't have to change the socket...the Drifter has a longer stud on the rear signals so I had to use the original rear turn signals and change the sockets. If the fronts will bolt on the rear...just order two fronts and bolt them on and tap that third wire into your lic plate light or taillight wire.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Kuryakyn sells a plug-in adapter I think I've seen it posted. like Pilgrim said make sure the rears are red, don't think ambers are legal to be running in most states

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
+1 to Pilgrim, I have the lights just have not made the time to swap socket contents.
I will use the red lens(s) from my existing rear lights. All leagal, at least in Texas.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Hmmm, don't know about that one. But it makes me wonder if that would even be legal.
As long as they are RED. However, ORANGE (Amber) running lights are not legal.

You can install the kits, but as the instructions in most of the kits will tell you; you need to swap out with some red lenses first.

That's how Harley touring bikes come from the factory; red lenses, and are run/turn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts