Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. First actual post here. I just got my bike about 2 months ago. Dealership sold it as is. It was my first bike. It runs. I can ride it. But it has some probably pretty severe issues. Mainly that it doesn’t have the power it should which could be pretty messy as a safety issue. I’m no mechanic but I know that the only thing that has temporarily fixed it is pulling the plugs off just a hair. But I can’t ride that way because the bike rattles them all the way off. Is it possible that it just needs new spark plugs? I literally haven’t even checked them, I don’t have the tools. If you think otherwise what would you suggest checking. I am halfway competent as a machinist I use tools, but I only have a consumers understanding of engines, let alone bikes engines if any different at all.

Thanks for any help, and again thanks for having me on the forum

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
See if they have the correct gap. If they need changing shell out a few more bucks and get Iridium units, P/N: DPR7EIX-9.

The dealership sold as is, huh? I'd also get a can of SeaFoam (damn near all auto parts store has it), and put some in the tank as per directions on the can. This stuff will go a long way towards cleaning up any gunk in the fuel system.

So what is it doing?: Sputtering, flat at a given rpm, cold front pipe, doesn't want to go above a certain rpm?

Here are but a few of the parts store where you can get stuff:

https://www.ronayers.com/

https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/l/kaw/500b2c10f8700223e4793dc4/2006-vulcan-750-vn750a6f-parts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have mentioned it isn’t always happening either. Like sometimes I start it up and everything is fine. And other times it just runs really rough. Being my first bike I have a hard time getting moving on the road as is. So going from a stop to moving is pretty hard to keep the bike on with 1 cylinder. It sputters mostly.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Sorry I have a hard time believing a dealership would sell a bike that they haven't verified as a "good" bike.
What kind of dealership is it?

I'd return it - to many headaches ahead for, as you put it, someone that isnt mechanically ready for these headaches.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I knew the bike had issues. I still don’t think it’s major. And besides you can’t just return a bike that is sold as is. They literally never even got it checked when they bought it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If it’s running good one day and rough another day it could be something simple. I would change the plugs, and clean the carb/tune up If the bike still is riding rough then I would check your spark plug coils they might be starting to fail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts