Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been pulling my hair out today trying to fix what I thought was a simple turn signal issue but now it's resulted in my running/brake light and the signal running lights only turning on the PARK position. The battery is charged so I know it's not that. Any idea of what may have caused this or what I should do? Any advice would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
1st I would recheck all wires you have moved around for loose connection. Does the bike start? Yea, odd question, but its possible the ignition switch is bad and not letting power through in the on position.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it starts fine, the oil and temp and nuetral light come on like normal, it just seems to be the lights.

·
Registered
145 Posts
If the 800 is wired the same as the 900 then could be either a fuse or the ignition switch at fault. There is a set of contacts in the ignition which complete the lighting circuit so that the ignition can also connect the battery to the park lights. The tail light fuse on the 900 also fuses the brake lights and running lights when the ignition is on but not in park!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I've been pulling my hair out today trying to fix what I thought was a simple turn signal issue but now it's resulted in my running/brake light and the signal running lights only turning on the PARK position. The battery is charged so I know it's not that. Any idea of what may have caused this or what I should do? Any advice would be much appreciated!
Have you fitted led bulbs anywhere? sounbd slike a back feed issue.
What did you do BEFORE the bike went wrong?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts