Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anway to bump up the rpm or rev limter on the 2000 mine has a programmer on it n is tere a way to corect speedo kinda sucks rakn up more miles the your actually going thank for any info guys.:confused:

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
somebody, somewhere probably has a reprogram tool. chances of getting your hands on it are mostly slim to none. 'less you got some serious bux burning a hole somewheres.
rpm's? do you need more to go faster or do you just want to run your motor faster in the lower gears?
speedo error is about 10% on all jap bikes. if you change your rear tire or final drive gears you can influence that error somewhat. larger tires will give maybe 2% correction.
Stock final drive gears 41t/50t vs Euro-Gears 44t/48t, are 11% taller. This will settle the motor at speed and/or allow more top end. sacrifice some low end power for top end cruisibility. the speedo pick up is on the final output shaft after the drive gears, so I dont think it would improve upon the instrument error.. some say it does... someone else, not me.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
speedo

na its fast enough for me.i let a friend ride he was back on vaction he works for a certian toyota nascar team as a fabractor .so hes a speed freak i just wondered was all.i would like to try to correct the speedo kinda sucks puttin on more miles then what you realley are.only good thing is save on speeding tickets lol.i was gons put a 240 metz on the rear as my 200 is about shot i didnt know if that would make a differnce or not thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Even if you wanted to, and could do it with a programmer, them's two awfully big pistons to be doing a whole lot of RPM.

I guess that's why I still have my crotch rocket, for those times when 12,000 rpm makes me feel all tingly inside. :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
rpm's

The V2K's valve springs won't handle to much more RPM wise. Someone did it over on the Deplhi forums a few years ago and put a valve into the piston and destroyed a cylinder

1 - 6 of 6 Posts