Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen a royal purple s in the states? Wife likes the looks of the purple and I didn't feel like having one painted or wrapped.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Ok I stand corrected I wasn't given that colour option for my 2018 model
They change color options every year. That is about the only thing they change on the Vulcan S. The only change that was made besides the colors was in 2017 when they added the gear indicator to the dash. That is the only thing since the introduction of the bike in late 2014. Seems the color Purple was only available in 2015 and only in select countries.

·
Registered
653 Posts
They offered them in Asia pacific including Australia in either Pearl White or Royal Metallic Purple.
I have the purple. It looks all different shades depending on light conditions from purple to blue (from the blue metallic fleck) to even a black look.
They stopped selling those colours around 2017 going for matt black, green and a special edition blue.

PS: they also released the ever popular Cafe edition in silver/green

·
Registered
76 Posts
What everyone else said -- you have to find a 2015 model to get the purple.

Honestly though, I've seen a purple S up close and wasn't impressed by the colour. It is way too dark. In anything other than bright sunlight it just looks black, and even in the sun it is just too muted and has no "pop" the way that older purple Vulcan cruisers did.

EDIT: This photo really demonstrates what I mean. You can only tell it is purple in the one spot where the sun it is hitting it just so.
http://www.lerepairedesmotards.com/img/essais/kawasaki/vulcan-s/kawasaki-vulcan-s-650-ar_hd.jpg

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just the way I like it.
Yeah, I don't mean to diss anyone's choices... I mean, I'm sure some people even bought that dreadful orange lol! Just wanted to point out that if anyone is thinking they are going to get the vibrant purple that you see on older Vulcans, they are going to be disappointed.

·
Registered
212 Posts
That is a very muted purple. A custom paint shop could provide a bright metallic or pearlescent goofy grape that would provide higher visibility in traffic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts