Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...bought a Nomad in December, yesterday i wanted to get it ready for the season so i was checking stuff out and also did an oil/ filter change. Now i have never used rotella, upon reading very good reviews i decided to give it a try(mobil 1 syn user here).

After draining the oil(both plugs and filter) time to fill up..ok the jug its 1 Gallon(4 quarts) now the book clearly states after changing oil and filter it should take 4.5 quarts...so oviously i did a jug(1 gallon) and half a quart...4.5 quarts.Fast Fwd to 10 min later(bike was running) let it cool down...check the oil and boom its showing barely oil in the dipstick... if i go by the dipstic its supposed to be Low..dipstick its supposed to be by the 1/2 way mark right?

I'm a missing something here???

Thanks in advance(sorry for the long post).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Speaking of checking the oil...I ran the bike...leveled the bike...waited a sec...then checked the dipstick. Don't really have to wait 3 minutes do you? Also love and use T6.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I use 5 qts and forget about it. Never used Rotella. Mobile 1 was on sale for 8.99 a qt.
I had no idea M1 had gotten that expensive. T6 can be had for $18 a gallon on Amazon. Sometimes less - they frequently have coupon codes and rebates. I think the last time through I paid more like $12-14 a gallon.

Edit - $11.65 a gallon after rebate back in August.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am begining to think that i made a big mistake in switching to Rotella...the bike got louder, i mean i can hear the Stock pipes louder than b4, also changing gears also got clunkier in All the gears...

Damm what gives??

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I have never used rotella,some guys love it,one guy said it made his gearbox squishy,didn't like it,Personally I use valvoline 4t f/s,Bike purrs like kitten,actually had some lifter noise,,,,,,,Gone,5 quarts,Done

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is exactly what i just bought...(advance auto has it on sale for 4.99 qt) sorry but Not a fan of rotella...for those that it works fine....i will try valvoline 10w-40...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Squid,we got the same Bike,ur nad will love the valv,,,4.99?for full synthetic 4t m/c oil??paid 7.99 at auto zone

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nah its regular(No synthetic). But i can still use it on my vrod(still breaking it in). I will go to autozone 2morow, 8 bucks per qt its great..friking mobil 1 its 15.00...smh

1 - 15 of 15 Posts