Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just throwing this out there to see what the general consensus is...

My father runs 15w40 Rotella in his Goldwing, and I've seen several others run it too, seemingly with no problems. Not ALL Rotella varieties, but there are a couple that carry a JASO-MA certification.

Has anyone else here ran Rotella for their bike oil?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I put T6 5w40 in my mean streak at my last change and have not had any issues with it. In fact, my clutch slippage I was experiencing with the kawisaki 10w40 is gone now.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Four bikes: 1100cc to 1800cc, Honda and Kawi. Use Rotella in all of them. T4 and T6. Know lots of others who, like me, prefer Rotella to all other oils. Easy to find everywhere. Get mine at WalMart. Know a few folks who use it in the cars, vans and small trucks.....no problems.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Rotella 15W-40 is the only oil I've ever used in my VN900 and my previous VN750. About a dozen years, works great.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I use Mobil Delvac 1300 15W-40 which is also made for diesel engines with no problem , my bike is a Vulcan 900 Classic LT 2010 with 70,898 miles on it and have no isues.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I even use Rotella T4 15w40 in my lawnmowers, I'm surprised that you guys are just learning about rotella diesel, it's been out for years now

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm surprised that you guys are just learning about rotella diesel, it's been out for years now
I, too, have known about it for a really long time. I've heard mixed opinions from various sources concerning it's use in m-cycles,

My father swears by it, but my boss at the m-cycle shop absolutely refuses to use it, even if a customer brings in their own oil.

I just wanted to throw it out there and see what people thought here...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ran it for 10 years in my Burgman 650. One of the best products out there and never had an issue.

late,
Coz

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts