Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is my Voyager without the trunk,a modified Vaquero KQR solo rack added with 5.25 speakers mounted in 5.75 chrome headlight pods for rear speakers,custom made by myself.Works well as I have 6.25 infinity speakers up front.So as you can see you can do it with some engineering.I can unplug the speakers and remove the rack,add the trunck in less then 5 minutes when the wifey comes along.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
The rack I like. The speaker? A little overkill, don'tchathink?

I guess you live where there are no music volume ordinances. I have heard music coming down the road before hearing the Harley, but the harmonic distortion was off the scales. It was loud, but the lack of clarity made it just a lot of noise.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The rear speakers are the same size as the factory ones.I was using MH industries 4.25 before but was too small to hear it without a lot of volume,and then it was distorted.With this set up it anything under 60 mph you can hear pretty good with rear fade set at -1 or -2,depending on the music source.Volume set at 16 to 18 with the added Alpine Amp.If I go beyond 20 it gets too distorted to hear properly at speeds above 70mph.
A bikes sound system will never be as clear or undistorted as a closed car due to wind noise and lack of properly sized closed speaker enclosures,but if you are going to have a sound system on a bike then why not try and have it perform at its best and larger speakers are required to realize that potential.That was one of the main reasons I bought my Voyager but I soon realized the limiting factors to listening to music in the open air.So should Kawasaki ,and step up their quality of the system if they are going to offer it.But You get what you get.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Hopefully you are listening to manly motorcycle music like ZZ Top, Steppenwolf, George Thorogood, and Stevie ray Vaughan. Just picturing the family sitting in the car with the windows down and you pull up listening to some dance music. ;)

I have speakers in my helmet for the mid and high tones, and the front speakers provide the base. I don't have to go higher than 9 or 10 on the volume. I don't have the speed sensitive volume set either.

The speaker system for the helmets let you adjust the music, CB, and intercom volumes separately.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey I am 58 and lived the disco era.I can still Dance LOL-But yes I mostly listen to rock these days,beatles ,rolling stones,cars,trooper,kim Mitchell,loverboy etc....

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ta-kid how much do you have in the front speakers and adapters? Was it hard to do? I hate the sound of the stock setup...it's just plain terrible. How much better is the sound?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I would say its sounds proably twice as good as the stock system at the higher freeway speeds,as long as you have a proper sized windshield,an additional power amp,such as the Alpine that many have used on this forum,and the 6.5 inch speakers up front.
Cost here in Canada is a little more pricey then the usa but proably have $400 for the upgrade conversion(front only) and another $250 for the rear speaker set up not including the KQR Solo rack.OUCH! just realized how much my conversion cost me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hopefully you are listening to manly motorcycle music like ZZ Top, Steppenwolf, George Thorogood, and Stevie ray Vaughan. Just picturing the family sitting in the car with the windows down and you pull up listening to some dance music. ;)

I have speakers in my helmet for the mid and high tones, and the front speakers provide the base. I don't have to go higher than 9 or 10 on the volume. I don't have the speed sensitive volume set either.

The speaker system for the helmets let you adjust the music, CB, and intercom volumes separately.
I usually like listening to show tunes when I have the radio cranked up.

Lol, just kidding although I do listen to dance from time to time.

T

·
0 Posts
Did you have to do anything special when using the Harley Davidson Generic adapters?

The front speakers are they Infinity 612 M's?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hopefully you are listening to manly motorcycle music like ZZ Top, Steppenwolf, George Thorogood, and Stevie ray Vaughan. Just picturing the family sitting in the car with the windows down and you pull up listening to some dance music. ;)...
Danm. I love to ride listening to some old school BeeGees or Donna Summer. Even Boy George sounds great while riding...
:eek:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you have to do anything special when using the Harley Davidson Generic adapters?

The front speakers are they Infinity 612 M's?
I would have to take a look at what model of front speakers I got.I had a smaller set of Infinitys for the rear so I wanted the same for the front.I believe they handle up to 75 watts RMS.They are 6.5 inch.The adapters screw right into the factory mounting points.I did use some automotive sealer on them before mounting so when I wash the bike no water got into the speaker housing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts