Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 classic ltd ,when I roll the bike I hear a rubbing sound it seems to be coming from the the area of the belt pulley . I can hear it with the bike in neutral or in gear with the clutch disengaged ,rolling forward or backward any Ideas as to what may be causing this . Would be grateful for any info

Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
You also want to make sure your rear tire is aligned. You can tell by looking at the belt in the rear pulley. There should be a slight gap on each side throughout a full turn of the wheel. I had a issue like this this and my back brake disc was rubbing on the brake pad at one point ever so slightly. Just something to check. The guides on the swingarm should be close to same for each side but some fine tuning is usually required. I put mine up on a jack and run it in 1st gear to insure the alignment is true base on how the belt tracks. I am sure there are many methods but this works the best for me. Like Richard also said, be sure you have the correct tension on the belt. Once you play with it enough you will be able to tell by feel if it is close or not. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
If you've had the rear tire replaced recently check the rear pulley for wobble. If any of the rubber cushions are put in backwards the pulley won't seat properly against the wheel and it will appear to wobble as it rotates. Guess how I know...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts