Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the situation with the Rogue Owners site I can't access it anymore !

·
Registered
445 Posts
Been down for a few weeks.
Its alright..... not much use from it any how.
Crappy ( out of date ) communication format
They should have went forum style on the delphi system
all long time ago.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Timing is everything

Ok here's my dilema. I bought some euro gears from babbits this winter and was planning to do the conversion this spring. There were conversion instructions on one of the rogue pages. Specifically on what to do with the speedo sensor. Now that sites down, I have no knowledge. Anyone still have these?

Thanks for the help.

:confused:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ok here's my dilema. I bought some euro gears from babbits this winter and was planning to do the conversion this spring. There were conversion instructions on one of the rogue pages. Specifically on what to do with the speedo sensor. Now that sites down, I have no knowledge. Anyone still have these?

Thanks for the help.

:confused:
This guy posted instructions and photos detailing his Euro gears installation and on page 2 he talks about the need to remove the shim that's under the speedo sensor. Hope it helps:

http://focusontheride.com/?p=1530

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Euro Gears

Ok here's my dilema. I bought some euro gears from babbits this winter and was planning to do the conversion this spring. There were conversion instructions on one of the rogue pages. Specifically on what to do with the speedo sensor. Now that sites down, I have no knowledge. Anyone still have these? Thanks for the help.:confused:
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-4517.html heres the link.

mr.spook, looks like the forum has clipped all the posts on this thread. it was several pages long and had lots of detailed pictures n instructions. If necessary I can repost some of them. It would be good to start a NEW thread titled "Euro Gears".

Best piece of info came from mr. SFAIR. he offered up the Penny solution for breaking loose the stock gears as they are set a one hellacious tork value. wont break loose with just a breaker bar.

Keep in mind that this fix, like all fixes cost twice the estimate. It will cost you another Penney to reset the new gears with that breaker bar. I have the pix to prove it. ponch out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
THANKS! You guys are a great help and a phenominal resource. I am a regular reader just don't log on that much. I printed out the focus on the ride article and its more info than I remember in the rogue post. Two questions.

Which final drive gear has the reverse threads?
Have others who completed this mod used shims to take up the looseness in the gears?

I will take photos and post my experience in the Eurogear thread just started.

Thanks again

·
Registered
7 Posts
The front one is supose to be the reverse threads. I just recive my gears, it's time to get my hand dirty!

V2K QC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts