Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of winters ago, my Burgman 400 suffered rodent damage during the winter storage in an unheated garage; mainly wiring chewed up and costing $600.00 to fix. A friend of mine told me that the coating on those wires was a soya-based material, therefore attracting hungry rodents. The scooter does have LOTS of nooks and crannies for the pesky nesters.
This question is directed to owners of the KVS from previous years who have stored their bikes over winters. Did you have any issues with rodents ?, such as chewed wires, messy droppings on the bike o any other related issues?

Thank you.

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
Houston, Texas
1,362 Posts
I’ve had similar situations in the past. I shredded some Irish Spring soap and put it all over the place on a 4 by 4. It worked for me. Then in spring I just used water and washed it all off. Read up on it.

Product Organism Recipe Font Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
26 Posts
50/50 of Baking soda and flour with either coco or sugar to attract them works. Mice and rats can't expel gas so when they drink water there insides burst for the excess gas, I just started using this method and within two days i have not seen one rat in my shed. After a week there have been no signs of anything eating the mixture either.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have an ultrasonic repeller in my garage near my Bike, I've been using it for about10 years & have never seen a mouse since I started using it. Prior to using the repeller I always saw mice in my garage every winter.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have an ultrasonic repeller in my garage near my Bike, I've been using it for about10 years & have never seen a mouse since I started using it. Prior to using the repeller I always saw mice in my garage every winter.
Which unit do you use? I see quite a variety of reports on effectiveness of different products.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My friend in North Carolina just had his house burn to the ground while he was away getting surgery due to mice. Poison a rodent and it will die somewhere in a wall that will cause you to cut into the drywall to get the bloated body out of your dwelling. Best to start using traps and kill the little bastard right away. Sticky traps are cruel but do work so just kill the mouse quickly. I've got a video camera hooked up in my attic next to the traps so I can see when I get a mouse. We need lots more snakes around as they are the best rodent control ever designed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts