Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently rode 180 miles through Valley of Fire and down by Hoover Dam on a 2014 Ultra Classic. Just thought I would give my views on the bike. Last Ultra I rented was a 2012. Bike maneuvered very well at slow and highway speeds.
Was very smooth other than the HD shake at Idle. (My wife asked if it was suppose to do that). Good wind protection but not as good as my Voyager, but the HD had a 4 in. lower shield. It was kind of nice looking over instead of through though. Did not have near the acceleration from 50+ mph as the Voyager, but mine has pipes and programmer. The HD seem to bottom out easier than Voyager. (rear shocks) It did sputter about 3 times taking off, I mentioned this to the Rental employee, (He just said "yeah the`ll do that.)
All in all I enjoyed the ride but I don`t feel that I am missing anything that my bike doesn`t do. My friend got to rent the liquid cooled limited. They said they aren't renting to many of those yet because of cooling connections (leaks) and clutch issues. The HD has the vented shield now, but every time I opened it and let air through, I actually got more buffeting. They said it`s been mixed reviews about that. Very happy with the Voyager for now, just need some nice weather!! One last thing, the heal toe shifter is to close together for a size 12 shoe. I do like new saddle bags compared to their old style latch system.
:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
i actually tested a 14 ultra myself at my dealer here; southern thunder!!!! i love my 500 but we travel and it just doesnt have the get up/ go i want! so by april i should have in my garage a new 2014 ultra classic with upgraded exhaust ! oh when 2up the 500 needs to be red lined to keep up on the freeway! around town o live the 500. the freeway? much bigger bike! just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i actually tested a 14 ultra myself at my dealer here; southern thunder!!!! i love my 500 but we travel and it just doesnt have the get up/ go i want! so by april i should have in my garage a new 2014 ultra classic with upgraded exhaust ! oh when 2up the 500 needs to be red lined to keep up on the freeway! around town o live the 500. the freeway? much bigger bike! just my 2 cents
http://kawasaki.com/Products/Product-Specifications.aspx?scid=28&id=792

Save yourself some money and probably a better ride with less headaches.

·
Registered
74 Posts
hazzardousmat i actually went to the 2 local kawasaki dealers here and they all but had their nose so far up in the air i just said to hell with them!! the dealer i bought my 500 from was checking on a tire issue with his rep i was having! that has been 4 months ago and each time i stopped by to inquire they said rep hasnt be by this week! seriously; 4 months and no rep to visit?????????? i bought a cheap shinko for it till i sell it! i will NOT recommend SKY cycles in southaven,ms. to anyone! they are so full of themselves they are losing bussiness!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
Well maybe one day HD will get it right.

As far as the Kawa dealers I stopped going to the one by my house because of the attitude. Unless your there to actually buy something they don't want to help you.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
hazzardousmat i actually went to the 2 local kawasaki dealers here and they all but had their nose so far up in the air i just said to hell with them!! the dealer i bought my 500 from was checking on a tire issue with his rep i was having! that has been 4 months ago and each time i stopped by to inquire they said rep hasnt be by this week! seriously; 4 months and no rep to visit?????????? i bought a cheap shinko for it till i sell it! i will NOT recommend SKY cycles in southaven,ms. to anyone! they are so full of themselves they are losing bussiness!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't care for my local Kawi dealer either, but I wouldn't let a bad dealer experience deter me from buying a decent product. If you really like the HD, hey, that's great. But choosing the HD over a Kawi just cuz the salesmen at Kawi are a bunch of douchenozzles is just cheating yourself.

When I was shopping for a new bike, I skipped my local dealer and did my shopping 2 hours away. I still didn't chose another Kawasaki, but it had nothing to do with my dealer experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts