Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Vaquero
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just installed the Roaring Toyz intake kit and the air filter can move about 1/16". Is that normal? If you look at the picture you will see the light coming through the gap.

Thanks,
El Halcon

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
That would be bad. Ensure it is installed correctly first. Right air filter, bolts, etc. Worse comes, add a strip of weather sealing to take up the extra space MAKING sure to not cover any needed holes of course!

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Vaquero
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be bad. Ensure it is installed correctly first. Right air filter, bolts, etc. Worse comes, add a strip of weather sealing to take up the extra space MAKING sure to not cover any needed holes of course!
Thank you, VSarge. That's what I was afraid of. It came with the air filter and new bolts along with weather seal all of which were installed. It seems the standoffs are a little too tall.

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Vaquero
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wanted to put out what I ended up doing in case any else has this issue or if someone wants something different for their intake. I tried grinding the 1/16th” off but got a little uneven so I just got some aluminum spacers from McMaster (pn 92510A583). I actually like the contrast and they fit perfectly. I thought about taking it in and seeing if one of the machinist I work with would turn the OD down but really it’s fine for who it’s for.
El Halcon

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to put out what I ended up doing in case any else has this issue or if someone wants something different for their intake. I tried grinding the 1/16th” off but got a little uneven so I just got some aluminum spacers from McMaster (pn 92510A583). I actually like the contrast and they fit perfectly. I thought about taking it in and seeing if one of the machinist I work with would turn the OD down but really it’s fine for who it’s for.
El Halcon
contact Tom (941) 953-4423 ext 304
Or [email protected]

I contacted him today about the same issue on my way to work. He asked me to mic the standoffs and see if any of them were irregular which I haven’t done yet. But he seemed happy to send an extra set or just replace the ones that are oversized if that’s what the issue is.

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Vaquero
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
contact Tom (941) 953-4423 ext 304
Or [email protected]

I contacted him today about the same issue on my way to work. He asked me to mic the standoffs and see if any of them were irregular which I haven’t done yet. But he seemed happy to send an extra set or just replace the ones that are oversized if that’s what the issue is.
Great info, Neanderthal. I will get in touch with him, too.

El Halcon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts