Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one here belong to a roadside assistance type provider? I belonged to ROK however they seem to be merging with AMA I did belong to them for a while however one big drawback is they wont tow you if its accident related. Any input?

·
BOTM Winner, February 2015
83 Posts
I have the roadside assistance that was offered by Kawasaki when I bought the bike. Never had to use it, "knock on wood" Not sure what their policy on towing after an accident. I will check it out

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ROK is Kawasaki's plan looks like they are merging with AMA

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have Geico and they tow you to nearest brand dealership. If you want someplace else you pay any difference over the mileage to dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will Geico even tow motorcycles?

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Check your insurance company; it may be a part of your policy anyway, and if not it may be a very inexpensive rider. My insurance plan had roadside assistance, and because I travel on the bike a few times a year I also added "trip interruption", which will get you a rental car and a hotel room if you have some major failure (or crash, etc.) while far from home. Trip interruption generally kicks in at a pre-determined distance from your home. I think it was a few bucks a year for that coverage, very much worth it. Often times, roadside assistance by your insurance company is cheaper than belonging to 'associations', but those associations can sometimes offer other benefits (depending on whether or not you NEED those benefits or would use them).

And make sure to ask questions and not assume. If you pull a trailer, will your roadside assistance pick it up too or leave it on the side of the road? etc., make sure you know you're covered. Some of those 'group' roadside assistance programs are awful. Like, they'll tow "up to 15 miles" or something; always read the fine print and make sure you feel confident that you're covered in any situation you might reasonably find yourself in. I paid a little extra (and really, just a little; this stuff isn't often very expensive) to increase my 'towing range' for my coverage to 150 miles. Unless I'm on a trip somewhere; I'm usually not more than 150 miles from home right? So if I crash or break down, I can get it towed either to my home dealer, or back to my house; without having to pay extra.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Doctorpc,

I have Progressive and live in NJ. I don't remember how much the tow insurance ran but it was minimal somewhere under twenty dollars a year. I've used it twice and was towed to my house from different distances with no out of pocket expense. A friend of mine has Rider insurance and they too have towing but I don't know the details.

+1 to what Romans said ask questions and read the policy.

Ron

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've actually had two pretty bad experiences with Progressive. The second time they sent a car wrecker out even though I told them three times it is a motorcycle, calling back to verify. The first time they said it would be four hours so I had the bike shop pick it up. The second time it took them 1.5 hours to show up, even after I told them I was in an unsafe location.
I am a couple weeks away from the purchase of a Victory Octane and will be going with Farmer's (underwritten by Foremost).
I used to go with the cheapest insurance available but I have changed my thinking after a blow-out on the rear and hitting a large rock in the front.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Will Geico even tow motorcycles?

Yes even though it was a rollback dispensed, it had a motorcycle chock to stand bike upright and tie down straps. Geico motorcycle is separate from the auto. If you call motorcycle number, they know you have one when calling for assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts