Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
I know this topic was almost beaten to death but here is my dilemma..
A month ago I bough v2k limited with stock pipes. They sound real good but I need something more serious sounding for this machine without being obnoxious. After few weeks I narrowed my searches to Roadhouse slip ons and V&H powershots. My question is if anyone here went from Roadhouse to V&H and why? which one has deeper, cleaner bas sound? I need something louder than stock but not screaming pipes. No cobras, HK, Roadburners please- only these two mentioned above.. I just sold my VTX1300 with HK 3 and when I bought it I really like the sound, after 2 month I put quiet baffles to cut edge of the sound but after hearing Roadhouse ( online only - I discovered totally different sound I loved) OK guys - your input needed- Which ones? Thanks in advance. Ride safe!
PS
Any fuel control needed with these pipes?

·
Registered
491 Posts
This probably want be of any help, but my $.02. A few years back I had a Honda 1100 Shadow with the Roadhouse Slipon on it and I loved the sound of them. I had Cobra Slash cuts before the RH and changed to Roadhouse my better!!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
have read that RoadHouse closed its doors. too bad. they had the best pipe system going. times is tuff.

In my line of work, even very large mainstream mfgs such as honeywell and johnson controls are having real difficulties getting product to market. all the raw material suppliers have cut back, reduced their inventories. some parts orders are 6 months out. not a good sign for the economy. a lot of businesses are closing up shop. thankyou mr. obominator.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Love the V&H Power Shots, not loud at an idle but will let it bark like the big dog it is when in the throttle hard. The V&H pipes also give you much better clearance when in the corners hard, because they step up a bit behind the front running board, I scrapped the stock pipes several times in corners before removal.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I bought roadburners street pro i think is the modle. I believe roadhouse actually made them. They can be heard at idle, and you can actually feel the percussion when riding next to the bike and it goes full throttle.

I picked mine up on ebay for like 300 shipped. interchangable tips and quiet baffles are available too!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts