Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if any of you have any firsthand experience with Roadhouse slip ons for a V2K. I would like to have a little more sound out of the exhaust, but I would rather not have to buy a fuel controller and big air setup if I don't need to. All I really want is to hear the exhaust a little more than I do with the stock pipes. By the same token, I don't want to burn valves with a too lean mixture from a less constricted exhaust. I think it runs almost too lean as it is. The bike in its completely stock condition delivers more than enough power, not really looking for more there, I'd just like to hear it a little more. Any and all thoughts are welcome here.
As a last thought, I don't really want to try to debaffle the stock exhaust system. I would rather keep it intact in case I ever decided to sell it. (Not likely anytime soon, now that I've had this machine for several months I don't think I would be happy with anything else....everything else I've ever ridden pales in comparison to this beast....)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Slap on some slip ons. Try them out and see how they sound, if you dont use a Power commander or fuel pack with the slip ons you most likely will be fine. Most people say this bike actually runs a little rich out of the box. You will probably experience some decell popping but will get more sound. I think after researching this for a while, one of the best set ups is the road house two into one or cobra two into one pipe. Still keep your back pressure plus increased sound. Look at the other posts with aftermarket exhaust discussions. I personally have cobra longshots because i like the look and sound is great, plus I use a FI2000R fuel processor with it. Look on Ebay, some really good deals to be had. I got my pipes, brand new for 350.00 and put them on myself. Fuel pack for 180.00 on ebay. Youtube has many sound bites for all diffrent types of pipes for your bike so research them and listen to how they sound, then make a choice. If your eventually going to change the air flow such as K&N drop in filter of Big barron kit or any type of air then you will have to get some type of fuel managment system. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Considered the Roadhouse slip-ons, but instead went with the Vance & Hines Powershots for about the same money. Louder, but not a whole lot louder when just crusing but open up the throttle and they make some noise. I'm pleased with the tone and the volume coming from the V&H Powershots. Also, the design gives more ground clearance on the right side. I scraped the factory pipe a couple times on some RH turns with a passenger on board.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a complete Hard Krome 3" straights chrome exhaust with baffles for sale bolts right up awesome sound power and not over bearing until you jump on it. Watch out!

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
RRKR, tell me more about the slip ons. Condition, ANY scratchs, how long have they been used, ship from where? Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
RRKR, tell me more about the slip ons. Condition, ANY scratchs, how long have they been used, ship from where? Thanks

They are on an 2007 Classic Lt, I bought in July 2009, from a Guy in Van Buren Arkansas. It had 3k on it when I bought it, and has 6k now, but I do not know when he put them on. They are in pretty good condition, probably 8- on a scale of 10. No real scratches other than normal use. There is a dull spot on spot on the upper pipe about the size of a 50 cent piece, looks like maybe something got on it an was cleaned off. ((It doesn't look as bad as it sounds like it would)). They sound good. They look very much like stock exhaust, if you are not familiar with them. I just don't care much for the stock look......they were just on the bike when I bought it.

Would ship from 76657.....I dont know right off what shipping would be

1 - 8 of 8 Posts