Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still cannot decide on an exhaust. I was wondering if anyone had the Roadhouse MotoClassic slip on, or could provide any information about it. I am looking for nice loud pipes that are easy to install cuz I am by no means a mechanic, and I love the looks of these pipes. Any advice or knowledge is appreciated

·
Registered
782 Posts
I just read the installation manual from the Roadhouse website. First, these are not slip-ons. Roadhouse supplies new pipes coming from the jugs and new mufflers in the rear. The stock exhaust system is not able to be separated in the middle like that. The term slip on usually refers to taking the muffler section off your stock exhaust and slipping on just a new muffler at the rear. Secondly, this new system supplies the exhaust pipes and chrome mufflers, but you end up putting the stock forward heat shields back on the new pipes. This isn't necessarily bad, just different from how a lot of other companies do it. If your stock chrome is showing any age yet, the new chrome muffler may outshine it for a while. Also, the price doesn't seem to be any lower than what you can get a complete system with heat shields and all for at Cobra or V&H. Of course, looks are a large part of it. So if you like the look of this set, maybe that is how you should go. I can only assume the folks at Roadhouse have done their homework when it comes to sound, back pressure, flow balance, etc. Good luck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeep- Thanks a lot for your help. Based on everything... I am probably going to go with the V & H Slash Cut Staggareds. I can get them for about $50 less than the Roadhouse and like you said, it is a more complete package. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
711 Posts
What ever u do get them from a local store and stay away from the internet stores. If you get a defective item like I first did you'll have to return them to V&H and they take weeks/months to replace them. Great quality products but if u end up been one of the unlucky ones like me their customer svcs is a bit slow and oh yeah lack on quality support. Been there done that my self. I would buy their products again but from a local store so if something is wrong with them I just ask for a replacement or money back without having to wait for months. Most manufactures apply the same rule so is not only V&H. You have to send them back, they have to inspec them and then for some reason take weeks to send you a new pair.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Classtom... thanks for the head's up... i never even thought of that. I am gonna call around to a couple local shops and see what they can do as far as the pipes. It is definately easier to fix any issues with the pipes if I can physically bring them to a dealer. Thanks Again!

·
Registered
851 Posts
A buddy of mine just installed a set of roadburner exhaust system for 289.00 with free ship from ebay! There load but not to over powering, they sound and look nice on his custom 900! I'm thinking of ordering a set for my classic lt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts