Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the first pic is called wiating for UPS,second is chistmas in june, third is roadhouse dog,4 geen pastures. a big big thanx to Ponch for the recomondation, its hard to explain , but the sound is deep like a snarel ,a low rummble,like a ..... hard to describe ,get one and see there can not be a better pipe on the market, its like uncaging a wild animal,no better single up grade you could make.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
you had to go and do it didnt you? Here i was all determined that THIS time the sound of the pipes didnt matter ....THIS time I was over the need to put a new exhaust on the ride... THIS time I wouldnt waste the money for what was essentially a show off vanity..... and then you go and put up these pics and describe perfectly the sound I would love... *sigh*....

you just made my list buddy... ;)

Annie

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
heips performance

you had to go and do it didnt you? Here i was all determined that THIS time the sound of the pipes didnt matter ....THIS time I was over the need to put a new exhaust on the ride... THIS time I would waste the money for what was essentially a show off vanity..... and then you go and put up these pics and describe perfectly the sound I would love... *sigh*....

you just made my list buddy... ;)

Annie
Roadhouse web site boasts a 5%-18% boost in power,theres your justification,but really the sound is neat,a low deep rumble that gives you a feeling of extasey,when you drop the hammer,at speed they sound the same as stock,go head Anners do it.I promiss you'll thank Ponch!!!!!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Mr. Tucker saves the day

the third is roadhouse dog, but the sound is deep like a snarel ,a low rummble,like a ..... hard to describe ,get one and see there can not be a better pipe on the market, its like uncaging a wild animal,no better single up grade you could make.
it is my understanding that mr. Tucker's is responsible for a sizeable portion of the install. at least from a ground level management perspective, hands on...er, paws and take notice. I think he is do some bonus biskets for all his hard effort to keep this project on track and from... going to the dogs? I am sure he will share some with you and his sidekick buddy, aka "the back up pooch". in case you have a flat. sometimes they just like to laydown and take a nap. hence, a backup is always handy. Also am very glad to hear that you like your new pipes. I told you these are the ticket. I had them on my RoadStar and they are enviable. None other even comes close. Seeing.. er, hearing is believing. Annie, if you can muster the bux, dont hesitate. I promise you will not be dissappointed. They are just soooo baaadddd. they also are available with smooth chrome heat sheilds. ok. out, ponch

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
a little back beat while you'r rolling down the hiway

you had to go and do it didnt you? Here i was all determined that THIS time the sound of the pipes didnt matter ....THIS time I was over the need to put a new exhaust on the ride... THIS time I wouldnt waste the money for what was essentially a show off vanity..... and then you go and put up these pics and describe perfectly the sound I would love... *sigh*....you just made my list buddy... ;)Annie
The sound these pipes emit is a very mellow rumble. All my neighbors loved em as they were never annoying and they could tell (hear) when I was in the neighborhood returning home. even several blocks away. Not from the decibels but from that too sweet bass drumming that you feel as much as hear. I think the cadence and off beat of a single crank Vtwin has a lot to do with it. Much like a beating heart. Babies(yes we are) are drawn to their mothers this way.
Ok, so much for idle and cruise mode. On throttle up with some load on the motor the pipes start to sing a different song. MR says they SNARL... ok, thats the motor talking. Because of the way these sound attenuating devices behave you will have visceral feedback of what your motor is doing all the time. If accel is SNARLing then decel braking is GROWLing. It is sooo much fun. Your bike now has become a musical instrument. Everybody that hears these LOVES em. I just think that RoadHouse managed to get the sound right.
Also, because they offer substantial backpressure they increase your TORK straight out of the box. Bunches! and they do not require Fuel Modification. You can if you just got more money to burn. but not neccessary.

Ok, So how is they do it? Well most is OLD SKOOL technology:
First, difference between this 2in1 and all others is the collector manifold. Other brands converge two pipes in a symetrical "Y" configuration. Not So with these. The two exhaust flows converge in a assymetrical "y" config. Its my guess that this is a better scavanging arraingement.
Second, If you study that pipe you see a LONG straight muffler body, large and no tapers. Then it is finished off with a reduced choked end cap. This is what sets up the reverse pressure wave that first pulls the exhaust out of the cylinders(scavenging allows for a deeper intake of new fuel that some will get sucked out the exhaust, cooling the exhaust valve) and then restuffs that extra fuel load back in just b4 the exhaust valve closes. Optimal exhaust diameter x length Optimal for pressure wave lengths at specific flow rates(rpm's).
Inside that can is a removable core that is surrounded by Glass Packing. Now here comes the really good news; These pipes sound will get BETTER as you ride it. The packing gets packed further and eventually wears out, 10-20k miles depending on how loud you like your music.. er throttle. Remove the end cap and the muffler core pulls out. It is long and massive and can be repacked... or not. Glass Packing is available at cyclegear and autostores for $10 will get 2 repacks.

So is this enuff info? I know I wrote this elsewhere, but others are more intent on LOUD pipes, where these are more like a... Sleeper, very nice and then they wake up when you want them to. out, ponch

·
Registered
42 Posts
2in1 or 2in2 ??

My '07 lt has Corbin bags which has a small indent under the right side bag to accomodate the upper pipe, my question is : would the 2into1 look foolish in this set up?? any one??:confused:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
not foolish but it would look a bit odd... but I think the worse effect is the gap from the bottom of the bag to the pipe which is now lower.

I put V&H dual exh on my vulcan 1500 AFTER I had mounted a set of hardbags. the gap from a missing upper pipe did make my ride look a little dumb to me. I had planned to lower the hardbags to accomodate the change....but then I sold the thing.

perhaps you can lower your bags a bit ...?

as for the detent under the bag, I wouldnt worry too much about that...IMHO

QUOTE=six pack;63641]My '07 lt has Corbin bags which has a small indent under the right side bag to accomodate the upper pipe, my question is : would the 2into1 look foolish in this set up?? any one??:confused:[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
42 Posts
replacement slip-ons??

what about just roadhouse slip-ons, any benefits?? sound, power,, ect..

I see some for less than $ 500.00:)

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Roadhouse Brand #56-1909 list $582. can be had for approx $465 if you shop em

what about just roadhouse slip-ons, any benefits?? sound, power,, ect.. I see some for less than $ 500.00:)
6/2/go, Roadhouse slip ons, I have read elsewhere are awesome sound. www.RoadhouseBrand.com I think they use the same megaphone technology as thier 2in1. What you dont get is the two cylinders scavenging each other. No, a crossover pipe does not achieve the same affect. It just enlarges the area each cyl has room to dump its load. Many dual exhaust systems w/integral crossovers bill themselves as 2in1. They are not. They are better than true duals, just not a 2in1. I have written extensively on this config. Having gone thru many setups and bikes, this is my utmost recommendation if you really want the most inherent performance out of your motor.. no, not hp... TORK. Low rpm, usable power in the seat of your pants. If you could make the tires stik to a wall, this bike would climb straight up vertical. yeah, thats what I am talking about. raw power.

I have not shopped these pipes in a while. Seems to me you can get the 2in1 set up for under 6 bills easily. try www.phatperformanceparts.com I would highly recommend going the extra c note and getting the performance... and weight reduction a whole system employs. out, ponch

ps. as for looks, these aint exactly the most perty pipes on the street. If looks are your criteria, best pass these puppies up. still, its your bags that are hosed not this pipe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts