Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got a windshield that came out of a 2001 road king, and I'm trying to figure out how to adapt it to the 900. I don't want to spend a lot of $ since I don't know if I'll like it or not.
If anybody got any ideas, please share. I'll appreciate it.
Ride safe!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, 76 views, not one post??
I guess nobody had any ideas... I haven't tried yet but I'm looking for some kind of clamps that will attach this windshield to the bike.
I'll post measurements and pics soon.
Be safe out there...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Yes, pics would help. You'll probably just have to get creative. I picked up a National Cycle shield on the cheap for my Shadow, but it only had about half of the hardware. My solution was to get some worm-type pipe clamps from Lowe's, line them with felt, then feed them through the existing hardware and around the forks. I'll look later and see if I can find some close up pictures. That setup might not work for you but may at least give you some ideas.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I'll reply . . .

:confused: How are you going to make it fit? And, why?

Well, How.. still a question ? I still looking for hardware that'll work..
And Why? I keep reading good comments from people that have windshield on their bikes and I never tried one. My commute riding is about 100+ miles a day to/from work on the highway. So I thought it might be a good solution for wind, rain and bugs...
My buddy will not use the windshield on his road king, so I decided to give it a try...
Thanks for the replies..:D

·
Registered
498 Posts
Do you know what kind of shield it is? and is there nay hardware at all with it or just the shild itself. And yes a photo of what you have would help.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was planning to do the same thing as the OP but with a zuk boulevard sheild... havent gotten around to even attempting it...

so much to do so little time.....

·
Registered
578 Posts
Yeah, would really need some pictures of all the stuff you have to work with along with spread measurements from centers of some of the existing points of connection. You don't have to use the existing mounts if there is a point you can take things apart back too, then build new mounts off that point. You will need a second person to hold the shield up to find placement.

·
Registered
252 Posts
So I'll chime in, it can be done...I have a Harley FLH Faring mounted on my Custom. What I used since the Vulcan forks are so much narrower than the Harley (went to the H-Depot/Lowes and picked up some pipe hanger clamps (the cast ones, not the thin pot metal) these work pretty well for $2 each. They have a small screw on each side and a female threaded area that you can bolt the windshield mount bracket to, make a pretty sturdy mount. I'll try to get you a few pic's of the mounts. This should hold the windshield really well, since it is holding the faring with a radio and speakers on mine. Had it on now for about a year.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I think National Cycle makes a lot of the windshields for Harley-Davidson, so you might try contacting them to see if any of the hardware they make for the 900 will work with the RK shield, or can be adapted to mount on the 9er.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts