Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called the numbers on both websites and they all go to the operator. Looks like I wont be able to cash in on that 1 year warranty. Anybody know how to get ahold of them? I have the Road Burner 3" drag pipes that I need to make a warranty claim on, but emails aren't working and the phones are dead.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like they have been out of business for a while. Just some rogue folks out there selling their pipes. Lots of warranty issues on the web to read about. I will try sicking the ebay dogs on them and see what happens. Don't advertise a warranty if you don't want me to make a claim!!!

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Well, that's disappointing. Fingers crossed that I won't run into any issues with my pipes.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just spoke to the company I purchased them from on ebay and they said "Oh no Road Burner is still in business we sell those pipes all the time". So, I challenged them to get me a working phone number for a company that I have read online went out of business or stopped answering the phone for anyone at least as far back as 2010. The said they would get back to me. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I will see if I can find the number I had to call. Once again the company name I was told to contact was DG performance. This was at the middle of last year and they stood behind their warranty. I had to email them pictures and after a few emails they sent a brand new pipe and I returned the old one after the install.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[email protected] Jeff cook is who I talked to. He asked for part number, picture of defect, date of purchase and address. I will continue my search for the phone number.
I sent him an email. Thanks for the help. So far no word back from the ebay seller. I would almost bet money they don't call me back. Nobody ever calls you back anymore, its just bullshit.

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
I sent him an email. Thanks for the help. So far no word back from the ebay seller. I would almost bet money they don't call me back. Nobody ever calls you back anymore, its just bullshit.
Open up a case directly through the ebay site. I have had many cases resolved for one reason or another. And in the end sometimes if the seller is uncooperative ebay should refund it. Sometimes!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Open up a case directly through the ebay site. I have had many cases resolved for one reason or another. And in the end sometimes if the seller is uncooperative ebay should refund it. Sometimes!
+1

Any issue should be opened THROUGH eBay, who will first contact the seller (or ask you to) but everything will be recorded and they will be given firm deadlines to solve the issue.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
...for a company that I have read online went out of business or stopped answering the phone for anyone at least as far back as 2010.
I've been Googling all day trying to figure out what is up with DG, Hard Krome, DG Hard-Krome, RoadBurner, etc and can't find anything definitive. Ok not all day but every time I took a break in the bagger project. I only found 1 forum post that said anything about them being out of business and that was speculation back in 2013. There's not even a Wikipedia post about DG, Hard Krome or Roadburner. *Edit* Meh, just checked and can't find one for Cobra either LOL. I thought there was a wiki post for everything. Guess not.

Where did you read they went out of business?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
+1

Any issue should be opened THROUGH eBay, who will first contact the seller (or ask you to) but everything will be recorded and they will be given firm deadlines to solve the issue.

I would love to guys, but I purchased the pipes on Feb 4th and ebay does not allow you to open a case on anything older than 60 days. I can understand that but they did give me the sellers direct phone number so that was nice.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
That sucks dude. Hopefully the seller can help you out.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
any word from anyone on this?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
any word from anyone on this?
No word, and the eBay company I purchased from is screening all their calls now by letting them go to voicemail during normal business hours. Looks like I may take a loss on this one. So many folks have these pipes, it never crossed my mind to research the company first. Well and the fact there was a big advertisement on the sale page about the 1 year warranty didn't help either.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like it's time to file a complaint with the BBB.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea I will give them a bit more time. Got the pipes cheap $375 and the crack in the chrome is on the inside edge where very few folks would ever see it. Might just ride the pants off them and then trade in on some cobra's if I decide to keep the bike more than a few years.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Or you could strip 'em and get them re-chromed. I'm not knocking Cobra or V&H, but the 3" straights from Road Burner / Hard Krome just look so much nicer IMHO.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Or you could strip 'em and get them re-chromed. I'm not knocking Cobra or V&H, but the 3" straights from Road Burner / Hard Krome just look so much nicer IMHO.
I have to agree with AZGeek here. The HK/Road Burner pipes just look so much nicer IMO. And they sound pretty bad-ass. I was impressed with the quality of my Sideburners, and as of yet no issues with them cracking or peeling or turning blue or anything. Although the birds keep pooping on them.

But yeah, you could probably have them re-chromed cheaper than buying a new set of pipes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts