Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been discussed and solved earlier in the forum and I just overlooked it... but I just upgraded from a Honda Rebel 250 to a VN900 Classic. I had bought some throw-over saddlebags that zip off (made by River Road) a few years back and I can't figure out the best way to put them on my new bike. On the Honda, the seat bolted on in the back, so it held the throw-over strap and bags securely, but with the Vulcan, the seat attaches between the passenger and driver seat, so there is no way of securing my saddlebags as is...

Just wondering if anyone has run into this situation before or a similar one. I hate to have to buy a new set of bags so if anyone has a good solution for this I would be your biggest fan! :)

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Purchase a set of fender brackets to hold the bags out from the fender, (cost about $40.00; cheaper that a new set of bags) and secure the bag to the fender brackets. Should solve your problem with the exception of having to untie the bags from the fender brackets if you need to remove them......

·
Registered
719 Posts
If the saddle isn't too thick you can trim it to fit around the seat mount and the seat will hold them in place. If the saddle is too thick the seat may not lock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rest assured that it's not a good idea to just "slap" them on the back of the bike. I thought that, due to the "saddle" part being rather thick, it would wedge nicely under the seat, and stay there. --- It didn't :( About a block after I realized they jettisoned, I turned around to fetch them. A kind stranger on a bike going in the other direction stopped to bring them to the median, but alas, they had JUST been run over by a truck. Had them less than 2 weeks. #$%^&*. Live & learn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts